Accounts Senior – Bristol
We are seeking an ACA/ACCA/AAT qualified (or qualified by experience) Accounts Senior who will be responsible for a broad range of clients, including partnerships, trusts, sole traders and companies covering various activities, such as Landed Estates, manufacturing, property development and rental and consultancy services, to name but a few.
The role is mainly office based, however flexibility is required to carry out work at client premises, if necessary. The successful candidate will provide primarily the following services to our clients:
• Preparation and review of financial accounts
• Assisting managers with looking after a large portfolio of accounts and bookkeeping clients
• Assisting clients with VAT and bookkeeping queries, including set up and support on accounting systems
• Training and support to others in the office
The Accounts and Trust team is a friendly and supportive team consisting of 24 people, from trainees to Director.
We offer accounting, audit and assurance, business advisory, corporate finance, tax and VAT services. We act for businesses and individuals both in the UK and internationally. Our staff work regularly and closely with their colleagues in our national offices to provide a seamless service to clients, wherever they are located.
The successful candidate will have a strong knowledge of financial accounting. Ability to use Excel and Word is essential and knowledge of Xero, Quickbooks, Sage, Key Prime, Farmplan as well as CCH AP would be advantageous.
The ideal candidate should be hard working, show initiative and be self-motivated, with the ability to organise their own workload. You should also demonstrate the ability to cope with some repetitive tasks. You will display a flexible, professional approach and have the confidence and ability to communicate effectively with partners and clients. You will also be a natural team player with a positive and enthusiastic attitude and an excellent eye for detail.
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000
- Salary reviews annually in October.
- 25 days annual leave with an additional day added after each years’ service.
- In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days (35 hours) holiday a year, subject to staff partner approval.
- Six-month probationary period.
- Life assurance cover of four times salary,
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 5% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, which include; health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA). More information will be provided on joining.
- Saffery Champness is committed to being a fully inclusive employer and have a huge focus on ED&I. Upon joining the firm, you will have the opportunity to join a number of people network groups as well as be a part of the growing ED&I network.
- Paid travel expenses when working at offices other than your contracted office.