Accounts Senior – High Wycombe
We are seeking an Accounts Senior to work in our High Wycombe office dealing predominantly with owner managed businesses and clients across many sectors. The successful candidate is expected to be ACCA/ACA qualified or qualified by experience and will be responsible for a broad range of owner managed businesses including companies, partnerships and sole traders covering various industries.
This is a permanent role and would suit an ACCA/ACA qualified accountant or qualified by experience who is seeking to consolidate their knowledge of accounts, compliance, and trusts, and take it to the next level by building on their advisory, client management and supervisory skills.
The successful candidate will provide the following services to a broad range of our high calibre clients:
- Preparation and review of statutory financial statement
- Preparation and review of quarterly VAT returns
- Preparation and submission of other statutory returns and filings
- Liaising and working closely with our audit team
- Assisting clients with VAT and bookkeeping queries, including set up and support on accounting systems
- Assisting managers with looking after a large portfolio of clients including coaching/supervising junior staff as required.
The role is office based; however, the firm has an agile working policy that allows for flexibility on this.
You will be joining an experienced and established team with the support network of portfolio Managers to aid you in your development. The team also consists of Partners and a busy trainee cohort.
The High Wycombe office is located within the town centre on Easton Street. Plenty of parking is available less than a minute walk from the office.
The successful candidate will have a number of years’ experience working in practice and demonstrate strong accounting and VAT compliance expertise.
Applicants will be self-motivated, well organised, commercially minded and have a clear perception of client requirements with excellent attention to detail. In addition, they will possess good interpersonal skills, demonstrate initiative and be able to provide accurate work in a timely and cost-effective manner. Furthermore, they should display a flexible, professional approach, and have the confidence and ability to establish credibility with partners, managers and clients through strong written and verbal communication. A natural team player is essential, with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
Ability to use Excel, Word and Outlook is essential and knowledge of Xero, Sage, QuickBooks as well as CCH AP would be advantageous.
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-12pm / 2pm-4pm. There is an expectation that this role will be mainly office-based, but with opportunities to work from home.
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu (pre-approved and only where required).
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm.
- Competitive annual salary depending upon experience.
- Twenty five days annual leave with an additional day added after each years’ service.
- In addition, under the SeleCt flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days holiday a year, subject to manager approval.
- Life assurance cover of three times salary, which you may increase to four x salary under the SeleCt flexible benefit programme.
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 5% of salary on a matched basis with employee after six months service)
- Six-month probationary period.
- Access to a number of other benefits with preferential rates under the SeleCt flexible benefit programme, which include; health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and optical plan and private medical insurance (dependent on the level of the role). More information can be found online.
- Reward gateway includes benefits such as discounted retail, travel & activities.