An exciting opportunity has arisen within the IT Applications team and we are seeking an experienced Applications Analyst to join us.
- To maintain, support and be the Firm’s internal expert on client-driven application suites and service line applications/systems.
- To grow awareness and understanding of how the applications, systems and application suites are used to deliver services to our internal and external clients.
- Ensuring availability and performance of systems and services through a process of continual improvement.
The Applications team are responsible for the day-to-day administration, support, implementation and development of all the Firm’s applications and systems. In addition, this role will require the individual to work with project teams to ensure the effective delivery of business-led initiatives.
The priority for all IT activity is to maintain the highest levels of stability and reliability in the services delivered.
Any of our UK offices.
- To maintain the Firm’s systems and client applications in line with our Information Security policy and Cyber Essentials Plus requirements – to manage and deliver projects in respect of upgrades, maintenance, system performance and measurement, in conjunction with relevant vendors and consultants where appropriate.
- Developing and undertaking regular pro-active (BAU) activities to ensure the availability, integrity and performance of systems and services to the standard defined for each system or service.
- Providing reporting on the availability, integrity and performance of the systems and services. Ensuring monitoring is in place for all production services to the standard defined for each system or service.
- Assisting with establishing and proving of recovery methods for all systems and services.
- Sponsors Owners and Super User relationship management
- Developing and improving documentation for IT Service Desk, Applications Team and Sponsor/Owners of the various applications
Maintenance and support
- To develop a very detailed understanding of the components that make up the systems, their purpose and their capacity and performance levels to provide a solid basis for high performing systems
- To maintain the catalogue and configuration management process for the systems
- To proactively manage systems and services (including version levels)
- To grow an awareness and understanding of the related systems, architecture, and processes across the firm’s technology estate, including integrations between systems
- Development (continuous improvement) of the systems and applications
- Responding to escalated calls from colleagues or direct enquiries from users. Logging and updating calls in a timely manner as per the agreed processes. Communicating solutions to colleagues and end users; providing timely communication to all involved parties
- Assisting team and department members in all aspects of Operational Support
- Regular monitoring (including morning health checks) of all Infrastructure and services under management of the Infrastructure team
- Using acquired knowledge of the business and IT infrastructure to assisting with general IT initiatives and support requests as required from time to time
- Participating in planned maintenance and disaster recovery activities, including out of hours works.
- Escalating issues as appropriate in a timely manner
- To contribute to operational handover / service introduction documentation and training material, in conjunction with the IT Training team, to the IT team as deployments and upgrades dictate.
- To contribute to guidance for the IT Team and the Firm as a whole on best practice for administration and use of the systems.
Systems and Application Portfolios
- MS Windows 10
- MS Office Suite
- Windows Server
- MS SQL Server 2012+
- Various Accounts applications in the estate eg Wolters Kluwer CCH Central suite (AA, AP, PT and TA), Alphatax, Sage, Quickbooks, KeyPrime, Farmplan, Xero etc.
- Payroll applications eg Star Payroll, SmarterPay BACS processing
Education and experience required
- Knowledge and support experience of Windows 10 and Windows Server operating systems
- Active Directory and security principles
- Ideally knowledge of, and experience working with, ITIL processes, procedures and toolsets.
- Understanding of server infrastructure technologies
- Experience in preparing documentation and guidance for others.
- Experience in preparing technical documentation for the applications team.
- Experience in related supplier management, with vendors and resellers.
Attributes / skills required
- Service focused attitude and professional manner.
- Confident and clear communication (verbal and written) with people at all levels of the business hierarchy.
- Able to respond quickly to requests, manage time effectively, and work under pressure.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
- Proactive nature, hardworking, organised, able to structure own work and work solo when required.
- Able to work well as part of a team.
- Able to use initiative and make suggestions to change processes where required.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a flexible way in respect of works required outside of normal working hours.
- Ability to cover out of hours.
- Ability to travel to the Firms’ offices when required.
- 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu (pre-approved and only where required).
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000 for the full year. Paid in December
- Salary review annually in October.
- Twenty-three days annual leave with an additional day added after each years’ service.
- In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days (35 hours) holiday a year, subject to staff partner approval.
- Six-month probationary period.
- Life assurance cover of four times salary,
- Private Medical – Staff have access to a private medical scheme through the flexible benefits programme.
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 4% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA.