We are seeking an accounts Assistant Manager to work in our High Wycombe office dealing predominantly with owner managed businesses across many sectors.
- This is a client facing, fast paced role which includes advisory elements and often deals with high-net worth clients.
- The work is varied and ranges from typical year end and quarterly compliance through to ad-hoc advisory and project work. The client base is a mix of sole traders, partnerships, limited companies, limited liability partnerships and trusts.
- The role is permanent and would suit an ambitious individual who is seeking to consolidate their knowledge of accounts, compliance and trusts, and take it to the next level by building on their advisory, client management and supervisory skills.
- The candidate would be responsible for working on a variety of clients’ affairs, and the role would include (but is not limited to) the following key elements, within agreed deadlines:
- Supervising and review of the preparation of year-end financial statements and quarterly VAT returns, reporting directly to senior management and partners.
- Preparation of more complex year end financial statements including consolidations
- Taking ownership of ad-hoc advisory projects including implementing and providing training to clients on Xero and other software
- Work planning and annual timetabling, ensuring that internal timetables are met by junior team
- Financial management
- Cross-departmental communication
- Building and maintaining client relationships
- Coaching and development of junior team members
You will be joining an experienced and growing team and be a key team member in building and developing the Accounts and Outsourcing department within the High Wycombe office.
The High Wycombe office is located within the town centre on Easton Street, The office is close to the train station and plenty of parking is available less than a minute walk from the office.
The successful candidate will be ACA/ACCA qualified and will have a number of years’ experience of working in practice demonstrating strong accounting and VAT compliance expertise.
The candidate will have strong numeracy and analytical skills, along with the ability to learn and adapt quickly. Ability to use Excel, Word and Outlook is essential and knowledge of Xero, Sage, QuickBooks as well as CCH AP would be advantageous.
The ideal candidate should be hard-working, show initiative and be self-motivated, with the ability to organise their own workload. They should also demonstrate the ability to cope with a number of competing deadlines. They will display a flexible, professional approach and have the confidence and ability to communicate effectively with managers, partners and clients. They will also be a natural team player with a positive and enthusiastic attitude and excellent eye for detail.
Reward & Benefits
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Agile working policy giving you the option to work from home for up to 3 days per week.
- 25 days annual leave. After 5 years’ service, the entitlement will be increased by 1 day.
- In addition, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday a year
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 5% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Life assurance cover of 4 x annual salary,
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000. Paid in December.
- New client referral scheme. Members of staff introducing a new client to the firm, have the potential to receive a referral payment of up to 10% of the first year’s total fees.
- Eligibility for the discretionary bonus scheme. This is based on both individual performance and firm performance.
- Staff have access to health assessments, cancer screenings and health cash plans through the flexible benefits programme.
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA.
- Paid travel expenses when working at offices other than your contracted office.
- Saffery is committed to being a fully inclusive employer and have a huge focus on ED&I. Upon joining the firm, you will have the opportunity to join a number of people network groups as well as be a part of the growing ED&I network.