We are looking for a bright and enthusiastic Assistant Manager/Manager to work within our Private Wealth and Estates Group and become part of the team which provides a wide range of services to businesses and their ultimate owners. These services include audit and accounting, tax advice, and general financial project work. We are able to offer varied and interesting work involving client contact with the people who make the decisions.
This role will be based within the Private Wealth and Estates Group which provides a wide range of lead advisory, audit and accounting services to private clients and their businesses. The successful candidate will predominantly support partners and directors with the team’s growing body of accounts, audit, and wide variety of advisory services.
The Private Wealth and Estates Group staff and partners advise businesses ranging from large corporations to small family companies, the majority of which are owned by wealthy individuals. A proportion of the group’s work relates to large landed estates and their associated operating structures, including trusts and general partnerships. We also work closely with the individuals owning the companies in addition to the businesses themselves providing compliance and advisory services for both.
The overall aim of the role is to provide outstanding client service in a professional and efficient manner, tailored to give the client the benefit of exceptional advice and maximum added value.
The role includes:
- Taking a lead advisory role dealing directly with the client and supporting the Engagement Partner
- Delivering audits and statutory accounts for UK and international groups in accordance with FRS102 & FRS105
- Providing value-added audits with reports to management on risk management, key controls and financial benchmarking
- Management of statutory and/or management accounts process
- Providing technical FRS102 support for UK companies on a number of complex accountancy issues including advising on share option schemes
- Liaising with client teams (i.e. CT/corporate finance/tax) to ensure timely delivery of work and dealing with ad hoc queries
- Ensuring deliverables are prepared within the set time frame
- Budgeting and invoicing clients
- Staff training and development
- Networking opportunities with intermediaries
- Other advisory opportunities within the forensic accounting and business valuation space
The successful applicant will be enthusiastic and technically capable, with excellent interpersonal and organisational skills. The position will require a high level of capability and commitment, with the ability to manage multiple deadlines across a portfolio of clients. Candidates should be self-motivated, display a positive approach and be proactive in terms of finding solutions to the client’s issues. In addition, they should possess the confidence and professionalism to establish credibility at all levels, be commercially minded and have a clear perception of client requirements.
Candidates should be ACA/ACCA qualified. The successful candidate will possess a wide range of audit experience. The candidate will need to have experience in managing a portfolio of small to large clients as well as having strong FRS102 & FRS105 technical skills. The firm will provide training and support to help develop the successful candidate’s specialist knowledge and capabilities. There would be an opportunity to study towards the CTA or STEP qualification. Training and study leave for such exams would be provided.
Systems used are MS Teams, Excel, Word, CCH Audit Automation and CCH Accounts Production. Whilst experience in these systems would be an advantage, this is not an essential requirement for the role and initial training will be provided as well as ongoing training in key Microsoft applications.
- 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000 for the full year. Paid in December.
- Eligibility for the discretionary bonus scheme. This is based on both individual performance and firm performance.
- Salary reviews annually in October.
- Twenty-five days annual leave. This increases in line with length of service. On 1 January, after 5 years’ service, the entitlement will be increased by 7 hours (as long as you have been a manager for 5 years).
- In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days (35 hours) holiday a year, subject to staff partner approval.
- Six-month probationary period.
- Life assurance cover of four times salary,
- Private Medical – entitled to join on successful completion of probationary period
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 5% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA.