We are looking for an experienced manager to join our growing and dynamic Inverness team to manage the corporation tax affairs of a varied client portfolio.
The mix of work will be varied as the client base of the corporate tax team is across a diverse range of business sectors both within the local market and also our London client base.
Whilst the annual corporate tax compliance is the key focus of the role, tax planning will arise as a matter of course across this diverse portfolio of clients. This will include areas such as group tax planning, property planning, capital allowances, R&D tax credits and s455 tax planning. Tax accounting will also be an essential part of the role.
The successful applicant will also work closely with the Director on stand-alone tax advisory projects, including structuring acquisitions and disposals, transaction support and due diligence.
The role would also include the supervision/review of work undertaken by the tax seniors and trainees within the team, including some staff responsibilities and work planning. The individual will in most cases report directly to the head of the corporate tax team and/or client partner.
Ongoing training will be provided, with the opportunity for the individual to attend both internal and external training sessions.
The role provides a good range of work for some with a solid corporate tax compliance background. Experience of dealing with large groups, partnerships, non-resident landlords and non-resident capital gains tax would be beneficial.
The ideal candidate will be pro-active, resilient and driven. They require recent practical experience in running a corporate tax compliance portfolio, will need relevant strong managerial skills and have a detailed up to date working knowledge of corporate taxation issues (especially those relating to owner-managed businesses).
Experience of organising the delivery of tax work, problems solving and the ability to use their own initiative is essential. In addition, they should possess the confidence and professionalism to establish credibility at all levels, be commercially minded and have a clear perception of client requirements.
Applicants should be preferably CTA and/or CA/ACCA qualified.
- Ability to work in a flexible way in respect of works required outside of normal working hours.
- Ability to cover out of hours.
- Ability to travel to the Firms’ offices when required.
The corporation tax team
The corporation tax team consists of a Director, a Manager, Assistant Manager, two Seniors, and two Trainees.
- We offer a dynamic and varied workload.
- Agile working and flexibility.
- Potential to progress within the organisation.
- Market rate annual salary, depending upon experience.
- Group Personal Pension Scheme: under the requirements of pension auto-enrolment you will be automatically enrolled into the Group Personal Pension scheme (4% employer contribution, 4% employee contribution) from your date of joining.
- Life assurance cover of three times salary, which you may increase to four times salary under the SeleCt flexible benefits programme.
- Twenty-five days annual leave. In addition, under the SeleCt flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days holiday a year, subject to partner approval.
- Eligibility for assistant manager or manager’s bonus scheme.
- Company car on a salary sacrifice basis.
- Eligibility for the firm’s private medical insurance scheme upon completion of probationary period.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm.
- Interest free season ticket loan on completion of probationary period.
- Salary review annually in October.
- Six-month probationary period.
- Access to many other benefits with preferential rates under the SeleCt flexible benefits programme, which include; health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, Denplan, Computing Scheme.