Our Edinburgh office is recruiting for an experienced Manager or Assistant Manager to join our growing and dynamic Edinburgh team to manage the corporation tax affairs of a varied client portfolio.
The mix of work will be varied as the client base of the corporate tax team is across a diverse range of business sectors.
Whilst the annual corporate tax compliance is the key focus of the role, tax planning will arise as a matter of course across this diverse portfolio of clients. This will include areas such as group tax planning, property planning, capital allowances, R&D tax credits and s455 tax planning. Tax accounting will also be an essential part of the role.
The successful applicant will also work closely with the Director on stand-alone tax advisory projects, including structuring acquisitions and disposals, transaction support and due diligence.
The role would also include the supervision/review of work undertaken by the tax seniors and trainees within the team, including some staff responsibilities and work planning. The individual will in most cases report directly to the head of the corporate tax team and/or client partner.
Ongoing training will be provided, with the opportunity for the individual to attend both internal and external training sessions.
The role provides a good range of work for some with a solid corporate tax compliance background. Experience of dealing with large groups, partnerships, non-resident landlords and non-resident capital gains tax would be beneficial.
The ideal candidate will be pro-active, resilient and driven. They require recent practical experience in running a corporate tax compliance portfolio, will need relevant strong managerial skills and have a detailed up to date working knowledge of corporate taxation issues (especially those relating to owner-managed businesses).
Experience of organising the delivery of tax work, problems solving and the ability to use their own initiative is essential. In addition, they should possess the confidence and professionalism to establish credibility at all levels, be commercially minded and have a clear perception of client requirements.
Applicants should be preferably CTA and/or CA/ACCA qualified.
- Ability to work in a flexible way in respect of works required outside of normal working hours.
- Ability to cover out of hours.
- Ability to travel to the Firms’ offices when required.
We are a leading firm of Chartered Accountants and business advisers with offices in Edinburgh. Our wide portfolio of clients has expanded to include all areas of business, with a particular emphasis on private clients, charities and not-for-profits, landed estates, property funds and owner-managed businesses.
Our Edinburgh team provide tailor made services, including accounting, audit and assurance, tax, corporate finance and business advisory, for all aspects of our clients’ lives. We advise on both their personal and business affairs, as well as assisting at all phases of wealth generation, preservation and succession.
Our Edinburgh office is based in Edinburgh Quay, within walking distance of the city centre.
Corporate staff and Partners advise businesses ranging from large multi-national corporations and landed estates to small family companies, many of which are owned by wealthy individuals. In addition to commercial companies in service/manufacturing industries, we also deal with professional partnerships, financial service companies, sports and entertainment businesses, entrepreneur’s charities and schools. The aim is to provide outstanding service in a professional and efficient manner tailored to give the client the benefit of exceptional advice and maximum added value.
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000. Paid in December.
- Eligibility for the discretionary bonus scheme. This is based on both individual performance and firm performance.
- Salary reviews annually in October.
- Twenty-five days annual leave. This increases in line with length of service. On 1 January, after 5 years’ service, the entitlement will be increased by 7 hours (as long as you have been a manager for 5 years).
- In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days (35 hours) holiday a year, subject to staff partner approval.
- Six-month probationary period.
- Life assurance cover of four times salary,
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 4% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA.