We are looking for a pro-active, resilient, and driven individual to join our bespoke dedicated tax team know as Tax Services Group (TSG). This is a compliance focused Private Client role which will allow you to be full client facing.
The successful applicant will be responsible for their own portfolio of private clients including all compliance matters, administration, and tax planning. The position will involve training and reviewing the work of junior staff within the group. Reporting will mainly be to the group’s team leaders and, in many cases, directly to the partners. Individuals will also be required to assist the team leaders with the management of the group and have direct staff responsibilities.
The allocation of work includes self-assessment tax returns for wealthy individuals, partnership, and trusts; associated tax computations including CGT calculations on securities, chattels, and property transactions; completion of estate tax returns; and all related and complex aspects of looking after the tax affairs of a variety of high net worth private clients with wide ranging business and personal interests. Specific experience of residence and domicile matters is desirable, but not essential.
The role provides an excellent range of work for someone with a background in tax compliance wishing to broaden their experience with a dedicated “private client” firm with a diverse client base.
The Tax Services Group (TSG) consists of over 60 employees spread over 5 UK offices (Bristol, Bournemouth, High Wycombe, Peterborough & Manchester). The team delivers exceptional quality compliance and advisory services to a wide range of high net worth private clients, these include those with UK and offshore interests, property owners, business owners, partnerships, and trusts.
Individuals should be pro-active, resilient, and driven to deliver excellent client service. The right candidate will be committed to a career in tax and will have relevant strong experience.
Experience of organising delivery of tax work within tight deadlines, problem solving and the ability to use their own initiative is essential, along with excellent verbal and written communication skills. With this role, come the pre-requisites that the candidate is self-motivated, committed, and flexible, a natural team player, with a positive and enthusiastic attitude and the ability to work with stretching targets and deadlines. In addition, they should possess the confidence and professionalism to establish credibility at all levels, be commercially minded and have a clear perception of client requirements.
Previous experience of using tax return software is assumed, as is use of Word and Excel. Some knowledge of computerised accounts packages would be useful.
Applicants should be preferably CTA qualified, or equivalent.
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Agile working policy giving you the option to work from home for up to 3 days per week.
- 25 days annual leave. After 5 years’ service, the entitlement will be increased by 1 day.
- In addition, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday a year
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 5% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Life assurance cover of 4 x annual salary,
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- [Manager] Company car as per Managers’ Car Scheme. May opt for a company car to the value to £15,100 by sacrificing £3,611 per annum of salary. (Pro-rata for lower vehicle cost).
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000. Paid in December.
- Employee referral scheme. Assistant Manager level and below, including support staff, will attract a referral reward of £5,000, Manager level or above, will attract a referral reward of £10,000.
- New client referral scheme. Members of staff introducing a new client to the firm, have the potential to receive a referral payment of up to 10% of the first year’s total fees.
- Eligibility for the discretionary bonus scheme. This is based on both individual performance and firm performance.
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA.
- Paid travel expenses when working at offices other than your contracted office.
- Saffery is committed to being a fully inclusive employer and have a huge focus on ED&I. Upon joining the firm, you will have the opportunity to join a number of people network groups as well as be a part of the growing ED&I network.