The Charities division of the Business Advisory Group (BAG) is looking for an Assistant Manager – Audit on a full time, permanent basis.
As an Assistant Manager – Audit, working within the Charities division of the Business Advisory Group (BAG), you will be part of a small friendly team and will be responsible for a portfolio of charity and other Not-for-profit clients. This position will report to the charities partners, and you will lead teams of qualified audit seniors and trainees.
- Your portfolio will incorporate a wide variety of clients with incomes from £250,000 to £15million
- In addition to audit, this role may include internal control reviews, due diligence and providing accounting support and advice to clients
- You will take an active role in the preparation and presentation of tenders for new work
- There will be the opportunity to participate in training and support to help develop your specialist knowledge and capabilities in this sector
- Key systems that are sued are MS Teams, Excel, Words, CCH Audit Automation and CCH Accounts Production.
Our Not-for-Profit practice has grown significantly in recent years, and we now act for in excess of 400 charities and other not-for-profit organisations, including grant-making, children’s and environmental charities as well as independent schools and livery companies.
- ACA/ACCA qualified with a good exam record and experience working in an audit and accounting practice
- Knowledge of current issues within the charities sector, or interest in the space
- Experience auditing and advising charities is highly desirable, but not essential
- Knowledge of the Charities SORP as well as the VAT and tax issues affecting charities would be useful, but is not essential
- The successful applicant will be friendly and approachable with an ambitious and resilient mindset
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills are important attributes
- Self-motivated, display a positive approach and strive for high quality in everything
- Confidence and professionalism to establish credibility at all levels, be commercially minded and have a clear perception of client requirements.
Reward & Benefits
- A 35 hour working week with a hybrid working policy with the flexibility to work from home for up to three days per week (our core hours are 10-4)
- Excellent benefits including; contributory pension scheme, 25 days annual leave, Life Assurance cover and great flexible benefits and family friendly policies
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan. Paid in December
- Eligibility for the discretionary bonus scheme.
Saffery LLP is an adviser to individuals and businesses across a range of sectors, providing market-leading accountancy, audit, business advisory, tax and VAT services. Founded in 1855, we are the UK’s 15th largest accountancy firm.
When you work with us at Saffery, you work with people who know your name, not just a job title. We’re a place shaped by friendly, intelligent people who are individually excellent and collectively exceptional. We’re committed to our clients, but also to our greatest asset – our people.
As a proud member of Nexia, a leading, international network of independent accounting and consulting firms, we’ve got access to local insight on a global scale.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
Equality, diversity and inclusion is a top priority for us. With our ED&I strategy, Everyone Belongs, we are building on our positive work culture and implementing initiatives to improve diversity and strengthen our equitable culture of inclusion, led from the top.
We hope you will apply to us, whatever your background, ethnicity, gender, age, sexuality, disability or neurodivergence, because individual differences equal collective strength. Built on values of excellence, integrity, enthusiasm and collegiality, Saffery is where Potential meets Personal.