Audit Senior Manager – Peterborough
Due to continued growth, we are looking for a talented individual to join the Peterborough office as an Audit Senior Manager. You will manage a portfolio of large and complex audit clients, maintaining our position as their trusted adviser whilst also having a key role in the management and development of our people and the leadership of the team.
You will be responsible for managing the delivery of statutory audit and other assurance engagements, also being involved in a broader range of advisory projects for our dynamic client base. You will be at the forefront of client relationships and the delivery of our uniquely personal and proactive service, upholding the highest standards in client service.
You will also assume a key role in the leadership team and be at fore in decision making, developing the audit team and executing the firm and office strategy.
You will manage large and complex corporate clients under both UK GAAP and IFRS, with a turnover range of £100m to £500m.
- manage a large portfolio of key clients and audit engagements
- solve complex technical matters and project manage client work
- influence and develop our approach, constantly striving to deliver the best for our clients and people
- contribute to national projects and initiatives
- benefit from investment in coaching and developing you, with one-to-one support from the Partner team
The team and our values
You will be joining a growing team and will have regular check-ins with your Performance and Development Reviewer (Partner) to support you in your role and career. You will join a vibrant team of people and will work closely with the management and leadership team.
All interactions and decisions we make as a team are underpinned by our values of collegiately, enthusiasm, integrity and excellence. We are looking to continue to develop a caring team with similar values to build on the excellent client service we strive to deliver within an enjoyable environment.
The Peterborough office is located easily off the A1, adjacent to Nene Park in one of the UK’s four environment cities; offering an, on-site gym, café, electric car charging and free parking.
Our modern, light, airy offices have been designed to provide a working space this is conducive to team collaboration.
Our agile working policy allows healthy flexibility of up to 3 days per week working from home.
- The successful candidate will be ACA/ACCA qualified
- You should have prior experience at manager / senior manager level as a minimum,
- You will have strong technical knowledge and background, and experience in managing large and complex audit engagements
- You should be commercially minded and be natural leader with a clear perception of great client service
- You should also be able to demonstrate a passion for delivering quality and ensuring clients’ needs a met. You should be continuously looking to re-assess, improve and achieve objectives, working closely with team members to ensure efficiency in all that we do.
Reward & Benefits
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Agile working policy giving you the option to work from home for up to 3 days per week.
- 25 days annual leave. After 5 years’ service, the entitlement will be increased by 1 day.
- In addition, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday a year
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 5% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Life assurance cover of 4 x annual salary,
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Car allowance of £5,000
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000. Paid in December.
- New client referral scheme. Members of staff introducing a new client to the firm, have the potential to receive a referral payment of up to 10% of the first year’s total fees.
- Eligibility for the discretionary bonus scheme. This is based on both individual performance and firm performance.
- Private Medical – entitled to join on successful completion of probationary period
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA.
- Paid travel expenses when working at offices other than your contracted office.
- Saffery Champness is committed to being a fully inclusive employer and have a huge focus on ED&I. Upon joining the firm, you will have the opportunity to join a number of people network groups as well as be a part of the growing ED&I network.