We are seeking a bookkeeper/accounts assistant who will be working with a broad range of clients, including companies, partnerships, sole traders and trusts.
The role is a full-time permanent position.
The successful candidate will provide primarily the following services to our clients:
- Processing invoices and performing bank reconciliations
- Maintaining client accounting records
- Preparing VAT returns
- Preparing management accounts
- Supporting on company secretarial services
- Other admin tasks to support the wider team
The Accounts and Outsourcing team is a friendly and supportive team consisting of 20 people, from trainees to Partner.
We offer accounting, audit and assurance, business advisory, corporate finance, tax and VAT services. We act for businesses and individuals both in the UK and internationally. Our staff work regularly and closely with their colleagues in our other offices to provide a seamless service to clients, wherever they are located.
Our Inverness office is home to 6 partners and 51 members of staff.
The candidate will have strong numeracy and analytical skills, along with the ability to learn quickly. A good knowledge of Excel and Word is essential. Understanding of other accounting systems (particularly Xero) is desirable, but is not an essential requirement, as training will be given.
The ideal candidate should be hard-working, show initiative and be self-motivated, with the ability to organise their own workload. They should also demonstrate the ability to cope with a number of competing deadlines. They will display a flexible, professional approach and have the confidence and ability to communicate effectively with managers, partners and clients. They will also be a natural team player with a positive and enthusiastic attitude and excellent eye for detail.
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000
- Salary reviews annually in October.
- Twenty-three days annual leave with an additional day added after each years’ service.
- In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days (35 hours) holiday a year, subject to staff partner approval.
- Six-month probationary period.
- Life assurance cover of four times salary,
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 4% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, which include; health cash plans, health
screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA). More information will be provided on joining.