Saffery are looking for a Cloud Accounting Specialist to join our Business Advisory Group within our London Office.
The candidate would be working within a newly created Cloud Accounting team and would play a key role in assisting the Cloud Accounting Manager to implement the firm’s strategy for this important part of our business.
The candidate would be responsible for working with clients who wish to modernise their accounting systems, by upgrading to a cloud system, or enhancing what they already have in place.
The candidate would also be involved in the firm’s Making Tax Digital for Income Tax and Self-Assessment (MTD ITSA) project, working with clients affected by the imminent changes to reporting under MTD ITSA, and onboarding those clients onto Xero to bring their records into a digital format. The role would include (but is not limited to) the following, within agreed deadlines:
- Onboarding clients onto cloud systems and ensuring that data has transitioned accurately
- Providing advice to clients regarding how to make the most of working in the cloud
- Providing training to clients on cloud products
- Providing training to internal teams regarding cloud products with an emphasis on how these can help clients
- Conducting research into new cloud products and testing these with a view to adding to the firm’s app stack.
With regards to the MTD ITSA project:
- Working with tax team members to identify the clients affected by MTD ITSA and scope the work required, including building an understanding of the client
- Contacting affected clients and assisting them with the onboarding process, such as setting up Xero bank feeds, creation of bank rules and tracking categories
- Providing training to clients where they wish to maintain their own Xero records
- Identifying opportunities for the firm to assist clients who do not wish to maintain their own Xero records and referring to the relevant team
- Tracking progress of the clients on their digital journey and providing ad hoc training and advice as required.
This role will be part of a small team with plans to grow. You will have the support of a Manager and Partner based in our London Head Office
The successful candidate will have previous experience working in an accounting role within practice and will have had some exposure to migrating accountancy data. The candidate will be at least AAT level 4 qualified.
Experience of working with, and a good knowledge of Xero is essential. A good knowledge of Excel would be preferable, and knowledge of other accounting systems, including cloud-based systems such as Hubdoc and Dext Prepare, would be helpful, but is not an essential requirement.
The ideal candidate should be hard working, show initiative and be self-motivated, with the ability to organise their own workload. They will display a flexible, professional approach and have the confidence and ability to communicate effectively with managers, partners and clients. The candidate will also be a natural team player with a positive and enthusiastic attitude and excellent eye for detail.
Reward & Benefits
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Agile working policy giving you the option to work from home for up to 3 days per week
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu
- 25 days annual leave. After 5 years’ service, the entitlement will be increased by 1 day
- In addition, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday a year
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 5% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Life assurance cover of 4 x annual salary
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000. Paid in December
- New client referral scheme. Members of staff introducing a new client to the firm, have the potential to receive a referral payment of up to 10% of the first year’s total fees
- Staff have access to health assessments, cancer screenings and health cash plans through the flexible benefits programme.
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA
- Paid travel expenses when working at offices other than your contracted office
- Saffery is committed to being a fully inclusive employer and have a huge focus on ED&I. Upon joining the firm, you will have the opportunity to join a number of people network groups as well as be a part of the growing ED&I network.
Saffery LLP is an adviser to individuals and businesses across a range of sectors, providing market-leading accountancy, audit, business advisory, tax and VAT services. Founded in 1855 by Joseph John Saffery, it is currently the 15th largest accountancy firm by UK fee income.
We pride ourselves on our informal and inclusive culture, building an environment where people can be themselves and enjoy challenging, interesting, rewarding careers.
When you work with Saffery, the well-respected accountancy firm where heritage meets ambition, you work with people who know your name. Who know you as a human being, not just a job title. Everyone belongs here. Always.
Saffery is a proud member of Nexia, a leading, global network of independent accounting and consulting firms.