We are looking for a Corporate Tax Senior Manager to manage the delivery of corporation tax services to a growing portfolio of clients. The role will also include responsibility for the supervision/review of work undertaken by the tax seniors within the team, including some staff responsibilities and work planning.
The work is diverse and will include the review of tax returns and computations, running and leading tax advisory projects, assisting in winning work by proactively managing existing clients and contributing to winning new clients.
The role provides a good range of work for someone with a solid corporate tax compliance background and dependent upon the circumstances, there may be opportunities to work part time and/or with flexible working hours.
Ongoing training will be provided, with the opportunity for the individual to attend the firm’s annual tax conference and to attend both internal and external training sessions.
Key responsibilities will include the successful delivery of tax compliance and advisory projects and working with the accounts team to provide the necessary corporate and deferred tax disclosure for inclusion in statutory accounts.
Tax planning work will include areas such as group tax planning, property planning, capital allowances, R&D tax credits, s455 tax planning and transfer pricing.
The Edinburgh Tax department is made up of a team of fourteen. Two Directors, one Senior Manager, one Manager, 2 Assistant Managers, three Seniors and five trainees. The mix of work in the group is varied and consists of clients including owner managed businesses, landed estates and high net worth individuals.
Our Edinburgh team provide tailor made services, including accounting, audit and assurance, tax, corporate finance and business advisory, for all aspects of our clients’ lives. We advise on both their personal and business affairs, as well as assisting at all phases of wealth generation, preservation and succession.
Our Edinburgh office is based in Edinburgh Quay, within walking distance of the city centre.
Corporate staff and Partners advise businesses ranging from large multi-national corporations and landed estates to small family companies, many of which are owned by wealthy individuals. In addition to commercial companies in service/manufacturing industries, we also deal with professional partnerships, financial service companies, sports and entertainment businesses, entrepreneur’s charities and schools. The aim is to provide outstanding service in a professional and efficient manner tailored to give the client the benefit of exceptional advice and maximum added value.
The ideal candidate must have excellent technical skills and experience, and have a thorough understanding of UK corporate tax issues.
In addition, the successful applicant with have extensive experience of managing a team, and helping to deliver a very high standard of professional work to a challenging and varied portfolio of clients. The individual should also be able to market his/her skills and those of the firm, both on a one-to-one basis and in presentations.
They should be innovative with vision, creativity and flair. Candidates will preferably be CTA and or ACA/ ACCA qualified or a Tax Inspector with full Technical Training Course, or law qualification.
The individual must have dealt with a range of tax issues appropriate to our client base of corporate clients. This should include tax planning, capital gains, capital allowances, company restructuring, the review of corporate tax returns and all aspects of general advisory services you would expect to offer to corporate clients. Most importantly, the individual must be able to look at the tax issues of private companies both from the point of view of the company structure, and that of their owners.
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Senior Manager and above car allowance of £5,000
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000. Paid in December.
- Eligibility for the discretionary bonus scheme. This is based on both individual performance and firm performance.
- Salary reviews annually in October.
- Twenty-five days annual leave. This increases in line with length of service. On 1 January, after 5 years’ service, the entitlement will be increased by 7 hours (as long as you have been a manager for 5 years).
- In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days (35 hours) holiday a year, subject to staff partner approval.
- Six-month probationary period.
- Life assurance cover of four times salary,
- Private Medical – entitled to join on successful completion of probationary period
- Manager and below – Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 4% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Senior Manager – Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 5% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA.