We are currently recruiting motivated and efficient Data Administrators to join and support our Tax Services Group (TSG).
To provide a professional, flexible and high-level administrative service to TSG partners and fee-earners. To help deliver excellent client service and meet objectives with regard the delivery of high-quality client work in an effective and efficient manner.
- Onboarding of new clients and the creation and management of client information.
- Supporting the TSG team with preparation of professional clearance requests and collation and collection of 3rd party information.
- Submission of tax returns to HMRC and ensuring electronic filing is kept up to date and maintained at regular intervals.
- Preparation of client payment reminders.
- Review and management of billing information and preparation of quotes and invoices
- Supporting the TSG team when necessary to ensure that work is completed to a high standard and meets required deadlines.
- Ensuring that all duties are carried out with a high degree of accuracy.
The Tax Services Group (TSG) consists of over 60 employees spread over four UK offices (Bristol, Bournemouth, High Wycombe and Peterborough). The team delivers exceptional quality compliance and advisory services to a wide range of high net worth private clients. These include those with UK and offshore interests, property owners, business owners, partnerships and trusts.
- This role would suit a pro-active individual, looking for a step-up into a professional, administrative environment; but with an understanding that this role involves a level of repetition which is a vital part of keeping the team operating effectively.
- A certain amount of the role will be liaising with clients on behalf of the team so a calm and confident manner will be essential.
- A successful candidate will embrace the use of technology and proactively identify efficient ways of working.
- They will be required to have excellent communication, organisation and administrative skills and ideally will have administration experience in a busy environment.
- It is essential to demonstrate excellent time management and prioritisation skills to support a busy team of fee-earners.
- Excellent attention to detail is needed to proof-read documents, checks for spelling and grammar. An ideal candidate therefore needs to be an effective user of key software packages e.g. Word and Excelnd is willing to undertake additional training as required
- We are looking for candidates with a proactive approach and enthusiasm to work independently and as part of a team whilst showing a willingness to learn and develop new skills.
- Good level of numeracy (equivalent to Grade 5 GCSE in Mathematics).
- Good level of language and grammar skills (equivalent to Grade 5 in English language)
Reward & Benefits
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Agile working policy giving you the option to work from home for up to 3 days per week.
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu.
- 25 days annual leave. After 5 years’ service, the entitlement will be increased by 1 day.
- In addition, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday a year
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 5% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Life assurance cover of 4 x annual salary,
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000. Paid in December.
- New client referral scheme. Members of staff introducing a new client to the firm, have the potential to receive a referral payment of up to 10% of the first year’s total fees.
- Staff have access to health assessments, cancer screenings and health cash plans through the flexible benefits programme.
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA.
- Paid travel expenses when working at offices other than your contracted office.
- Saffery is committed to being a fully inclusive employer and have a huge focus on ED&I. Upon joining the firm, you will have the opportunity to join a number of people network groups as well as be a part of the growing ED&I network.
Saffery LLP is an adviser to individuals and businesses across a range of sectors, providing market-leading accountancy, audit, business advisory, tax and VAT services. Founded in 1855 by Joseph John Saffery, it is currently the 15th largest accountancy firm by UK fee income.
We pride ourselves on our informal and inclusive culture, building an environment where people can be themselves and enjoy challenging, interesting, rewarding careers.
When you work with Saffery, the well-respected accountancy firm where heritage meets ambition, you work with people who know your name. Who know you as a human being, not just a job title. Everyone belongs here. Always.
Saffery is a proud member of Nexia, a leading, global network of independent accounting and consulting firms.