Working at the direction of the Northern Facilities Manager you will work closely with the regional office managers, providing the appropriate support for the delivery of all services that fall under the Facilities Management remit, including: office services, statutory compliance, security, health and safety, fire prevention, contract management, general maintenance, building fabric maintenance, environmental and sustainability initiatives, recycling and waste disposal, cleaning as well as the management and maintenance of plant and equipment.
- Providing full admin support to the Northern FM
- You will be expected to deputise for the Northern FM
- Assisting in Department Management
- Assist in the day-to-day management of the external suppliers, and contractors, including cleaning, maintenance, pest control, postal, catering, stationery etc.
- Assist the Northern FM in ensuring that all positions are adequately covered in accordance with the company’s requirements.
- Assist the Northern FM in ensuring staff are adequately trained to perform their duties and organise training where applicable recording results and follow up time frames
- Assisting in Building Management
- Assist with the inspection of all Northern offices on a regular basis to identify any maintenance or cleanliness / aesthetic issues and H&S issues. Recording all results with corresponding actions
- Assist in the management of helpdesk requests raised by staff in this region ensuring work orders are issued as appropriate and measuring performance against defined internal and external response levels
- Assist in arranging for the cost-effective installation or replacement of plant and equipment when required
- Assist in the overseeing of the cleaning services to ensure meticulous maintenance of premises, liaising with the cleaning contractors and building/property managing agents to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Assist in the management of vending services where applicable
- Support the Northern FM in ensuring that all information held on the Saffery security system is accurate, up to date and compliant with current GDPR legislation
- Assist the Northern FM in the Supervision and implementation of any works concerning the overall security of the organisation and its premises.
- Ensure any regulatory FCA requirements are complied with.
Health & Safety
- Ensuring compliance with at least the minimum standards relating to Health and Safety at Work Act(s) and the management of health and safety regulations. To arrange periodic Health and Safety review meetings as requested with relevant staff recording all notes and relevant actions.
- Adhere to, and maintain knowledge of, all applicable legislation pertinent to the job including health and safety at work ensuring all supporting systems remain updated.
- Assist in ensuring adequate fire marshals are appointed and trained and that instructions are clearly posted and understood.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with the fire certificate – fire drills, weekly alarm testing, staff awareness training sessions ensuring all results and actions are adequately recorded.
- Assist in ensuring the site Induction training of new staff are completed with results recorded for auditing purposes.
- Ensure all certification for the offices are current, e.g., PAT testing.
- Provide full support to Northern FM in the administration and Co-ordination of all small works including permits to work, method statements, risk assessments, DSE and work station assessments.
- To support the Northern FM in the preparation of budgets for all aspects of Facilities Management for approval by the Director of Facilities. Monitor actual expenditure against the approved budgets. Preparing variance analysis and forecasts on an ongoing basis.
- To support the Northern FM in the preparation of budgets for specific projects and work towards identifying cost saving initiatives.
- Carry out general financial administrative duties such as raising of purchase orders, purchasing, processing invoices
- To assist in the planning, organising and implementation of all office changes or re-configurations and ad-hoc projects in conjunction with the Northern FM.
- To assist in delivering minor projects related to internal churn, space management, energy and waste management and M&E / infrastructure works as directed
- Assist in ensuring the relevant Building Management team are updated with all projects and periodical works as directed
- The Facilities team currently consists of 11 people, headed up by the Director of Property & Facilities.
- This role will report into the Northern Facilities Manager.
- This role will form part of the Rota that supports a 24-hour on call standby in case of any emergency including, security breakdown or major plant failure, which may include attending the office out-of-hours depending on the nature of the situation.
- This role can be based in any of our Northern offices – Manchester, Harrogate, Edinburgh & Inverness. Regular travel will be required to all offices in the North.
We are looking for someone who enjoys working in a busy team, has a proactive nature and is able to build strong relationships at every level
We’re also looking for the following skills & experience:
- Facilities Management experience and knowledge of hard and soft services.
- H&S knowledge (IOSH qualification preferred).
- First Aid trained with current certificate
- IWFM Member (Level 2 Award and above preferred)
- Awareness of ISO requirements 14001 and 45001
- Ability to communicate effectively, both internally and externally at all levels with good interpersonal skills with excellent verbal and written communications
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong administration skills
- Team player and flexible (out of hours working can be required on occasion during busy periods)
- Reliable and trustworthy (confidential information)
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Controlled under stress.
Strong PC skills:
- Outlook: calendar management
- PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- Adobe acrobat
- CAD (desirable)
Reward & Benefits
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Agile working policy giving you the option to work from home for up to 3 days per week.
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu.
- 25 days annual leave. After 5 years’ service, the entitlement will be increased by 1 day.
- In addition, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday a year
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 5% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Life assurance cover of 4 x annual salary,
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000. Paid in December.
- New client referral scheme. Members of staff introducing a new client to the firm, have the potential to receive a referral payment of up to 10% of the first year’s total fees.
- Staff have access to health assessments, cancer screenings and health cash plans through the flexible benefits programme.
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA.