This role is responsible for technical compliance and assurance. Effective and ongoing development, implementation and management of various control systems.
Championing, improving, monitoring and reporting on operational compliance across the firm.
The focus of the role is to ensure that as a firm we adhere to and comply with all relevant legal, statutory, regulatory compliance, including best practice which aligns with BS standards, including best practices, across H&S, environmental, sustainability, mechanical and electrical, building fabric and projects to provide a safe, secure, and comfortable working environment.
Maximising internal client satisfaction and ensuring that the business’ office portfolio remains compliant, fully operational, serviced and maintained, through effective implementation of compliance operational strategies.
To work as a member of the Facilities Team, with specific responsibility for technical service delivery, health and safety, business continuity, sustainability, if applicable relevant ISO accreditation and facilities related risk management across all offices. To carry out additional project related work and assistance to the Facilities Managers on all facilities related matters.
To ensure that regular audits and risk assessments are undertaken and review these for the purpose of taking proactive and preventative action to ensure the safety of our people, visitors and contractors in relation to all technical services, H&S and fire safety matters. To actively develop a safety culture within the firm, to maintain up to date knowledge and awareness of technical and H&S legislation and report to senior management any areas or issues requiring attention.
To include regular travel to all locations to ensure all offices are fit for purpose, compliant and relevant controls and procedures are being adhered to.
- Management of external specialist suppliers, and contractors, including M&E maintenance, Statutory & Insurance inspections and H&S audits
- Ensure that all relevant positions within suppliers’ frameworks are adequately covered in accordance with the company’s requirements.
- Ensure relevant staff are adequately trained to perform their duties and organise specific training where applicable.
- Ensure the inspection of all regional offices on a regular basis to identify any M&E or Fabric maintenance, compliance, and H&S issues.
- To ensure any specialist helpdesks raised and associated work orders are issued and managed as appropriate, measuring performance against defined internal and external response levels.
- Arrange for the cost-effective installation or replacement of plant and equipment when required.
- Oversee M&E services to ensure meticulous maintenance of premises, liaising with the cleaning contractors and building management to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- To advise on all relevant standards and associated matters concerning the overall security of the organisation and its premises.
- Ensure any regulatory FCA requirements are complied with.
Health & Safety
- Ensuring compliance with all standards relating to Health and Safety at Work Act(s) and the management of health and safety regulations. To hold periodic Health and Safety review meetings with relevant staff.
- Ensure the wider team adhere to, and maintain knowledge of, all applicable legislation pertinent to the job including health and safety at work.
- Ensure adequate fire marshals are trained and appointed. Ensure compliance with the fire certificate arranging relevant training, fire drills, (Including out of hours) weekly alarm testing, and staff awareness training sessions.
- Ensure all certification for the offices are current, e.g. PAT testing and arrange all required works
- Ensure that the people have the relevant training and expertise to carry out their work safely and professionally.
Environmental & Sustainability Management
- Responsibility for the documented QMS / EMS systems and maintain certification to ISO EN 9001, 14001 & 27001
- Ensure compliance with current legislation and best practice, ensuring that any new legislative changes are brought to the attention of the Senior Facilities Manager
- Conduct periodic audits i.e., monthly & annual internal & external audits.
- Ensure KPI’s are set, and standards are maintained.
- Ensure consistency of quality and environmental standards across all functions
- Deliver relevant quality and environmental training programmes to all staff as appropriate.
- Provide relevant responses for client information requests in a timely manner.
- Attend / chair monthly review meetings to drive improvement.
- Coordinate project activity to enhance future business performance. For example, eliminate waste, carbon reduction, recycling initiatives, customer claims.
- Assist in the development of a companywide Net Zero Strategy
- Performance management of QMS & EMS and regular reporting to Senior Management as appropriate
- Report on carbon emissions at set intervals (ESOS/SECR)
- Promote continuous improvement across the business.
- Monitor actual expenditure against the approved budgets for M&E and H&S.
- Prepare variance analysis and forecasts on an ongoing basis.
- Prepare budgets for specific projects and recommend cost saving initiatives.
- Develop the overall framework for a regional M&E contract that serves all offices.
- Develop specialist annual project reviews. Participatory impact assessments, process monitoring, operation monitoring and lesson-learned workshops.
- Prepare reports on M&E findings, as required, working closely with the senior facilities manager.
- To ensure effective written and verbal communication of all operational M&E issues for all offices.
- Development of strategic technical project plans for refurbishments and relocations.
- Undertake regular visits to the all offices to support implementation of M&E and to identify where adaptations might be needed.
- To be on 24-hour call standby in case of any emergency including, security breakdown or major plant failure, which may include attending the office out-of-hours depending on the nature of the situation.
- Treat internal customers fairly and act in their best interests at each stage by offering a transparent, efficient and professional service.
The Facilities team currently consists of 11 people, headed up by the Director of Property & Facilities.
This role will report into the Senior Facilities Manager.
This role covers all ten of our UK and Dublin offices and will require regular travel to each of them. As such you can be based in any one of our offices
We are looking for someone who enjoys working in a busy team, has a proactive nature and is able to build strong relationships with business heads and other department areas. We’re also looking for the following skills & experience:
- Hold a recognized technical qualification.
- Must have extensive knowledge and an M&E background.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience operating at M&E Manager level
- In-depth Facilities Management knowledge of hard and soft service delivery
- Hold a NEBOSH General certificate or equivalent.
- In-depth knowledge of current environmental management practices
- Detailed awareness and prior involvement in Net Zero strategies
- Ideally you should be educated to at least HNC, NVQ level 4 or equivalent full technical standard
- First Aid trained with current certificate (desirable)
- IWFM Member (Minimum of Level 3 Award and above preferred) or suitable experience
- Interpersonal skills with excellent verbal and written communications
- Strong organisational skills
- Team player and flexible (out of hours working can be required on occasion during busy periods)
- Reliable and trustworthy (confidential information)
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Controlled under stress.
Strong PC skills:
- Outlook: calendar management
- PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- Adobe acrobat
- CAD (desirable)
- A Communicator
- Delivery focused
- Ability to influence
- Leading by example
- Excellent Planning
Reward & Benefits
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm, eg 9am-5pm, 10am-6pm or 8am-4pm.
- Agile working policy giving you the option to work from home for up to 3 days per week, dependent on business requirements.
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu.
- 25 days annual leave. After 5 years’ service, the entitlement will be increased by 1 day.
- In addition, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday a year.
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 5% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Life assurance cover of 4 x annual salary,
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000. Paid in December.
- New client referral scheme. Members of staff introducing a new client to the firm, have the potential to receive a referral payment of up to 10% of the first year’s total fees.
- Staff have access to health assessments, cancer screenings and health cash plans through the flexible benefits programme.
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA.