We are looking for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer to join our growing IT team (based in London or Bristol).
Candidates must have the relevant technical knowledge and strong experience of troubleshooting and problem solving within a busy IT department. Excellent customer service, project management, organisational, prioritisation skills and time management skills are essential.
The role will involve supporting the infrastructure including server, storage, network, data and delivery of applications, as well as project-based work to improve and enhance the infrastructure environment. The successful candidate will have a solid background working within a busy IT team; experience in implementing technical solutions, supporting of servers, endpoints, and operating systems. The Infrastructure Engineer must have strong experience of technical troubleshooting and problem solving. Depending on projects and tasks, the individual will be required to be available for queries during out of office hours. In addition, as part of this role the individual will be expected to deal with any system issues as and when they occur.
The IT Infrastructure Engineer will work closely with other members of the team who will rely on this role for areas of responsibility on a day-to-day basis, ie End User Compute Analyst and Infrastructure Analyst.
Focus on the role is to deliver projects to carry out improvements to the firm’s IT platform whilst ensuring the current solutions meet the needs of the firm.
- Responsible and Subject matter expert for VMware vSphere 6.5+ Infrastructure and Nimble Storage with Site Recovery Manager.
- Responsible and Subject matter expert for Switching\WAN\Wireless networks.
- Responsible and Subject matter expert for Monitoring across the estate.
- Responsible and Subject matter expert for corporate infrastructure, incl. Active Directory, LAN, Internet access, firewalls.
- Administer Azure and Office 365, including InTune, Teams, AVD, etc.
- Administer the software application and desktop operating system deployment environment using Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager Current Branch
- Administer Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops, including NetScalers & PVS.
- Monitor and troubleshoot server and network performance.
- Administer disaster recovery systems and processes.
- Keeping operational documentation up to date.
- Research, recommend, plan, and implement infrastructure system project.
- Handle escalated calls from other IT Teams.
- Demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex issues.
- Manage IT projects to meet pre-defined objectives.
The applicant should be able to demonstrate the following behaviours:
- A strong desire and focus on continued improvements and personal development.
- A desire to be part of an overall team and achieve team goals.
- To continually strive to improve overall firm effectiveness.
- Strong communicator.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and with other people.
- Strong time management and self-motivation skills.
- A lateral thinker.
- Keeping up to date with current industry trends and emerging technologies and best practices.
- Excellent customer service skills.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required. You will also be expected to undertake duties which may not be listed on this job description as directed by your line manager which will be deemed as reasonable within the scope of the role.
It is preferable if the applicant has experience in these areas in the desired order of preference:
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Windows Server 2012R2/2016/2019 including clustering.
- Good Understanding of VMware vSphere 6.5+ including the using of Site Recovery Manager.
- Good Understanding of iSCSI/Fibre channel Storage Area Networks, such as Nimble.
- Good Understanding of Microsoft Office 365\Exchange Online.
- Good Understanding of Azure IaaS\InTune.
- Understanding of Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7.15+ and including integration with Hypervisor.
- Understanding of Citrix NetScaler.
- Understanding of Cisco switches and routers.
- Understanding of Monitoring tools.
- Understanding of Backup systems (preferably CommVault).
- Understanding of SQL Server 2014+ in a clustered environment.
- Ability to perform Research and Development into new systems in preparation for implementation/third line support.
- ITIL Foundation qualification is preferable.
- Relevant IT qualifications is an advantage.
- Any Microsoft qualifications: Azure, O365, EndPoint Management, etc is preferable.
The IT department
The IT department is made up of a team of 17 which includes, a Service Delivery Manager, a Service Delivery Analyst, 3x Application Team Members, 6 x Infrastructure Team Members, an Operations Manager, a Financial Systems & Reporting Manager, an IT Project Manager, an Enterprise Architect, an IT Director, and an IT Partner. The IT department, based in London and Bristol, is responsible for the provision of IT services and support to 10 offices across the UK.
Role reports to
This role will report to the Infrastructure Team Leader.
Monday to Friday, 35-hour week, working the hours of 08:00 – 18:00, timings for this role will be determined at a later date. However, to allow for holiday cover, project delivery, system updates, etc there will be the requirement to change to an alternative shift or work additional hours outside of the core hours.
There will be on occasion be a requirement to travel to our other offices. If based in Bristol, this role will require attendance to the London office at least twice a month.
An out of hours rota is in place on Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays between the hours of 08:00 and 17:00. This will rotate between the other Infrastructure team members, resulting in 1 week on, 4 to 5 weeks off. It will be expected that during times of illness and holiday this rota will be changed appropriately. Confirmation on the out of hours timings for this role will be determined at a later date.
- Annual salary at market rate, depending upon experience.
- Salary reviews annually in October.
- Interest free season ticket loan on completion of probationary period.
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu (pre-approved and only where required).
- 23 days annual leave with an additional day added after each years’ service. On 1 January, after 1 year’s service, the entitlement will be increased by 7 hours and thereafter by a further 7 hours on 1 January following completion of 2, years’ service, giving a maximum of 175 hours after 2 years’ service.
- In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to 35 hours (pro-rated) holiday a year, subject to partner approval
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Life assurance cover of four times salary.
- Private Medical – Staff have access to a private medical scheme through the flexible benefits programme.
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 4% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining).
- Six-month probationary period.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000 for the full year. Paid in December.
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA.