Here at Saffery Champness we have embarked on a major project. To build a robust data architecture, improve data quality, data integration and implement a data management framework. This will be embedded into the firms business as usual and allow us to maximise the value from our data.
The Primary role of the Data Business Analyst is to assist the firms Data Architect.
Responsible for analysing requests for improvements in data-related processes, supporting the Data Architect to challenge these requests and propose workable solutions whilst always adhering to the firm’s data standards and data governance policy.
Data Architecture and Integration.
- Analyse and interpret request for improvements in data related processes, and data change requests, discussing these with senior business people users where necessary.
- Actively promote the firm’s Data Standards and Data Governance Policy.
- Contribute to the design of processes.
- Look for opportunities for continuous improvement in data capture processes and integration.
- Monitor data quality reports and liaise with data owners to agree remedial action.
- Document data lifecycles and how they relate to business processes.
- Identify new sources of data and methods to improve data collection, analysis, and reporting.
London – Queen Victoria Street (travel may be required to other offices as the business requires)
- A motivated self-starter with strong attention to detail, and who understands the value of data and is passionate about accuracy.
- Experience in analysing data, processes, data quality stats, root cause analysis. Able to challenge where necessary.
- Must understand the basic operating model of an accountancy/law practice eg Client, Matter and Time Recording.
- A problem solver able to define pragmatic solutions.
- Ability to use initiative and be pro-active.
- Good at documentation.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise.
- Ability to cope with conflicting demands and meet deadlines.
- Communicates effectively at all levels. Must have good verbal and written skills.
- Takes personal responsibility for getting things done to agreed timeframes.
- Remains calm under pressure.
- A team player capable of pitching in to help the team.
- Promotes the firms’ values and beliefs, demonstrating integrity and maintaining an ethical stance, using flexibility and tact to express views as necessary.
Education & Experience
- Completion of A level studies is essential.
- Degree level education is desirable.
- At least two years’ experience of working in a professional services environment, ideally accountancy or legal sectors.
- Experience of working on Data Quality, Remediation and Data Management programmes would be ideal.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Any experience of Visio and SQL ideal.
- Any experience of data querying ideal.
Salary/benefits (can vary dependent on FTC)
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Agile working policy giving you the option to work from home for up to 3 days per week.
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu.
- 23 days annual Note this is increasing to 25 days from January 2023. After 5 years’ service, the entitlement will be increased by 1 day
- In addition, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday a year
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 5% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Life assurance cover of 4 x annual salary,
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Employee referral scheme. Assistant Manager level and below, including support staff, will attract a referral reward of £5,000, Manager level or above, will attract a referral reward of £10,000.
- New client referral scheme. Members of staff introducing a new client to the firm, have the potential to receive a referral payment of up to 10% of the first year’s total fees.
- Staff have access to health assessments, cancer screenings and health cash plans through the flexible benefits programme.
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA.
- Paid travel expenses when working at offices other than your contracted office.
- Saffery Champness is committed to being a fully inclusive employer and have a huge focus on ED&I. Upon joining the firm, you will have the opportunity to join a number of people network groups as well as be a part of the growing ED&I network.