The Early Careers L&D Administrator is responsible for the provision of proactive and seamless administrative support for all new trainees within the firm. The role reports to the EC Lead and sits within the wider Learning and Development Team.
The role provides key support to the L&D team and the broader EC team. This role will help them deliver a high-quality development experience for candidates and other stakeholders
This role primarily contributes to the trainee and line manager experience, from onboarding, to coordinating all exams and qualifications data, being available to answer all queries raised by the line managers and trainees, ensuring regular communications to all trainees.
Managing the full onboarding process of our new cohort;
- Keeping track of the EC calendar for all L&D working with the EC administrator to ensure a single point of information across the whole team.
- Keeping track of all training and performance records, and ensuring that they are maintained according Safferys data protection policies
- Responsible for the audit of ICAEW online training files including: Checking the students training files, making sure ethics requirements are being met, checking certificate level results on the ICAEW portal every 2 weeks and flagging to the advisor where there have been any fails.
- Making all future course bookings with the training provider and making any changes as well as keeping Open HR and internal student spreadsheets up to date throughout the trainees’ lifecycle.
- Improving processes and discuss any changes or opportunities with the EC Advisers.
- Working with the ED&I manager, as well as external stakeholders, you will be helping to drive diversity though the Early Careers programmes and being responsible for ensuring trainees are give the most equitable opportunities to thrive in.
- Working with the wider People Experience (HR) team, you will build relationships and engage with the whole team as well as external stakeholder.
- You will work in an agile manner meaning that during peak periods of attraction, you will support the whole team with various tasks and projects. This will give you opportunities to expand you experience and broadens your exposure to other areas of the L&D team.
The successful candidate will have experience working in a fast paced, high volume HR/L&D team previously, ideally within Early Careers, although this is not essential.
You will have:
- Experience working at volume and to tight deadlines within a busy HR department.
- The ability to multitask and experience in managing a number of different workloads at any one time.
- You must be highly organised and have good general computer skills including the use of the Microsoft platforms.
- You will be a natural problem solver and have the resilience and drive to work autonomously as well as being a strong team player.
- You will have experience of working with different stakeholder both internal and external, as well as having the confidence to challenge and push back on things that may not be correct.
- Experience working in an Early Careers team, or the knowledge of Early Careers is desirable, although not essential.
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Agile working policy giving you the option to work from home for up to 3 days per week.
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu.
- 20 days annual leave with an additional day added after each years’ service. Note this is increasing to 25 days from January 2023
In addition, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday a year
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 5% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
Life assurance cover of 4 x annual salary
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000. Paid in December.
- Employee referral scheme. Assistant Manager level and below, including support staff, will attract a referral reward of £5,000, Manager level or above, will attract a referral reward of £10,000.
Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA.
- Paid travel expenses when working at offices other than your contracted office.
- Saffery Champness is committed to being a fully inclusive employer and have a huge focus on ED&I. Upon joining the firm, you will have the opportunity to join a number of people network groups as well as be a part of the growing ED&I network.