We are looking for a bright and able Audit Manager to work directly with Senior Management and Partners with our Bournemouth Office.
You will provide a wide range of audit, advisory, accounting and tax services to our clients and to provide support to the Partners. The mix of work in the team is varied and consists of client including companies, partnerships, high net worth individuals and trusts.
The role of Audit Manager would involve managing a varied portfolio of clients on a day-to-day basis, looking after those clients’ needs, planning audits, supervising staff and reporting directly to the various Directors and Partners. The position may also involve a number of one-off assignments and special project work. We are able to offer a dynamic workload and a broad experience for the right candidate.
You will be working closely with a large, established team consisting of Partners, Director, Senior Managers and Seniors. You will be given full support in this role as many of the current Audit function have been with Saffery’s for many years.
The Bournemouth Office is located within the town centre on Poole Road. Plenty of parking is available office road less than a minute walk from the office.
As the successful candidate, you will have relevant experience at Manager level within general practice, principally in Audit. A breadth of experience across client type and size would be desirable but not essential. As a client facing member of the team, experience of managing a client portfolio direct to Partner and dealing directly with client staff is essential.
You should also be able to demonstrate a passion for delivering quality and ensuring clients’ needs a met. You should be continuously looking to assess, improve and achieve objectives alongside working closely with team members to ensure an efficiency within the Audit function.
- 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000 for the full year. Paid in December.
- Eligibility for the discretionary bonus scheme. This is based on both individual performance and firm performance.
- Salary reviews annually in October.
- Twenty-five days annual leave. This increases in line with length of service. On 1 January, after 5 years’ service, the entitlement will be increased by 7 hours (as long as you have been a manager for 5 years).
- Twenty-seven days annual leave. This increases in line with length of service. On 1 January, after 5 years’ service, the entitlement will be increased by 7 hours (as long as you have been a manager for 5 years)
- In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days (35 hours) holiday a year, subject to staff partner approval.
- Six-month probationary period.
- Life assurance cover of four times salary,
- Private Medical – entitled to join on successful completion of probationary period
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 4% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA.