An audit manager in the Business Advisory Group will have responsibility for managing a wide range of clients that operate in different sectors. They will run a portfolio of around 15 to 30 clients totalling around £500,000 – £700,000 fees.
To become part of the team which provides a wide range of advisory, audit and accounting services to our clients.
The Business Advisory Group staff and Partners advise businesses ranging from large multi-national corporations to small family companies, many of which are owned by wealthy individuals. In addition to commercial companies in service/manufacturing industries, we also deal with professional partnerships, landed estates, financial service companies, sports and entertainment businesses, entrepreneurs, charities and schools. The aim is to provide outstanding service in a professional and efficient manner tailored to give the client the benefit of exceptional advice and maximum added value.
There is also the opportunity to work on one-off advisory projects for clients.
An audit manager in the Business Advisory Group will have responsibility for managing a wide range of clients that operate in different sectors. They will run a portfolio of around 15 to 30 clients totalling around £500,000 – £700,000 fees. They will be responsible for:
- Managing the audit process
- Ensures agreed deliverables are within the set time frame
- Budgeting and invoicing clients
- Staff planning and management of them during the course of the audit
- Inclusion of tender process when necessary
- Networking opportunities
- Opportunities to do ad hoc advisory and technical work when required.
- We will also provide the manager with regular technical training and also with the necessary soft skills development that will help them progress quickly.
We offer accounting, audit and assurance, business advisory, corporate finance, forensic and litigation, outsourcing, tax and VAT services. We act for businesses and individuals both in the UK and internationally. Our staff work regularly and closely with their colleagues in our regional offices to provide a seamless service to clients, wherever they are located.
Our London office is home to more than 40 partners and 350 members of staff.
The successful applicant will be friendly and approachable with an ambitious and resilient mindset. Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills are important attributes. The position will require a high level of ability and commitment, with the flexibility to work additional hours as required. Candidates should be self-motivated, display a positive approach and strive for high quality in everything.
In addition, they should possess the confidence and professionalism to establish credibility at all levels, be commercially minded and have a clear perception of client requirements.
Candidates should be ACA/ACCA qualified with a good exam record. The successful candidate will possess a wide range of audit experience. The candidate will need to have experience in managing a portfolio of small to large clients as well as having the required understanding of FRS102 and IFRS. The firm will provide training and support to help develop the successful candidate’s specialist knowledge and capabilities.
Key systems used are MS Teams, Excel, Word, CCH Audit Automation and CCH Accounts Production.
- A 35-hour working week
- Flexible working arrangements (core hours) upon successful completion of probationary period
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm.
- Competitive annual salary depending upon experience.
- Eligibility for manager’s bonus scheme.
- Eligibility for firm’s private medical insurance upon successful completion of probation
- Twenty-five days annual leave (pro-rata).
- Option of a company car on salary sacrifice basis
- In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days holiday a year, subject to manager approval.
- Life assurance cover of four times salary
- Group Personal Pension scheme: you will be automatically enrolled into our Group Personal Pension scheme (4% employer contribution, 4% employee contribution)
- Interest free season ticket loan on completion of probationary period.
- Six-month probationary period
- Access to a number of other benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, which include; health screening/GP support, critical illness cover and spouse life assurance.
- Reward gateway includes benefits such as discounted retail, travel & activities.