Manager – Corporate Tax – Advisory – Inverness
Our Inverness office is looking for a pro-active corporate tax advisory manager to join our growing and dynamic Inverness team to provide direct support to the senior team by managing the corporate tax advisory affairs.
The mix of work will be varied as the client base of the corporate tax team is across a diverse range of business sectors both within the local market and also our London client base.
The mix of work will be varied as the client base is across a full range of business sectors, including property, innovation, landed estates, financial services, and not for profit.
You will be involved in tax planning and advisory projects which will arise as a matter of course across this diverse portfolio of clients, such as property transactions, capital allowance claims and R&D tax credits.
There will also be the opportunity to work on stand-alone tax advisory projects such as structuring acquisitions and disposals, group re-organisations and, due diligence assignments.
The role will include some staff responsibilities and work planning. The individual will in most cases report directly to the head of the corporate tax team and/or client partner.
Ongoing training will be provided, with the opportunity for the individual to attend both internal and external training sessions.
The role provides a good range of work for some with a solid corporate tax advisory background.
Experience of dealing with large groups, partnerships, non-resident landlords and non-resident capital gains tax would be beneficial.
Education and Experience
Candidates must be proactive, resilient and be able to market their skills and those of the firm, both on a one-to-one basis and in presentations. They should be innovative with vision, creativity and flair. They should possess the confidence and professionalism to establish credibility at all levels, be commercially minded and have a clear perception of client requirements.
Candidates will require recent practical experience of running a corporate tax portfolio, and providing tax advice to owner-managed businesses, with a detailed and up to date working knowledge of corporate tax issues a given. Whilst technical skills are obviously important, this position also requires a team-orientated and flexible personality, alongside the experience of organising the delivery of tax work, problem solving and the ability to use their own initiative. The individual must be able to look at the tax issues of private companies both from the point of view of the company structure, and that of their owners.
Applicants should be preferably CTA and/or CA/ACCA qualified.
The corporation tax team consists of a Director, two Senior Managers, one Manager, three Assistant Managers, four Trainees.
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000. Paid in December.
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Eligibility for the discretionary bonus scheme. This is based on both individual performance and firm performance.
- Salary reviews annually in October.
- Twenty-five days annual leave. This increases in line with length of service. On 1 January, after 5 years’ service, the entitlement will be increased by 7 hours (as long as you have been a manager for 5 years).
- In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days (35 hours) holiday a year, subject to staff partner approval
- Six-month probationary period.
- Life assurance cover of four times salary,
- Private Medical – entitled to join on successful completion of probationary period
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 4% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA).