Manager – Corporate Tax – Inverness
Our Inverness office is looking for a pro-active corporate tax compliance manager to join our growing and dynamic Inverness team to provide direct support to the senior team by managing the corporate tax compliance affairs.
- The mix of work will be varied as the client base of the corporate tax team is across a diverse range of business sectors both within the local market and also our London client base.
- The annual corporate tax compliance is the key focus of the role. Tax planning will arise as a matter of course across this diverse portfolio of clients. This will include areas such as group tax planning, property planning, capital allowances, R&D tax credits and s455 tax planning. Tax accounting will also be an essential part of the role.
- The role would also include the supervision/review of work undertaken by the tax seniors and trainees within the team, including some staff responsibilities and work planning. The individual will in most cases report directly to the head of the corporate tax team and/or client partner.
- Ongoing training will be provided, with the opportunity for the individual to attend both internal and external training sessions.
- The role provides a good range of work for some with a solid corporate tax compliance background.
- Experience of dealing with large groups, partnerships, non-resident landlords and non-resident capital gains tax would be beneficial.
Watch our video about careers in tax at Saffery Champness
Education and Experience
The ideal candidate will be pro-active, resilient and driven. They require recent practical experience in running a corporate tax compliance portfolio, will need relevant strong managerial skills and have a detailed up to date working knowledge of corporate taxation issues (especially those relating to owner-managed businesses).
Experience of organising the delivery of tax work, problems solving and the ability to use their own initiative is essential. In addition, they should possess the confidence and professionalism to establish credibility at all levels, be commercially minded and have a clear perception of client requirements.
Applicants should be preferably CTA and/or CA/ACCA qualified.
The corporation tax team consists of a Director, two Senior Managers, three Assistant Managers, four Trainees.
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000. Paid in December.
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Eligibility for the discretionary bonus scheme. This is based on both individual performance and firm performance.
- Salary reviews annually in October.
- Twenty-five days annual leave. This increases in line with length of service. On 1 January, after 5 years’ service, the entitlement will be increased by 7 hours (as long as you have been a manager for 5 years).
- In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days (35 hours) holiday a year, subject to staff partner approval.
- Six-month probationary period
- Life assurance cover of four times salary
- Private Medical – entitled to join on successful completion of probationary period
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 4% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA).