The role will focus on the delivery of a wide range of tax advisory work to a variety of clients within the mainstream half of our London Corporate Tax team. This work would include advising on transactions, undertaking tax due diligence, advising on corporate reorganisations, employee share incentives and undertaking tax valuations.
The position will form part of the corporate tax group within the London Tax department. The workload will be split across a wide variety of clients within our Tax team, which provide a wide range of audit and accountancy advice and related services to companies in the sector.
The Mainstream arm of our Corporate Tax team deals with a huge, varied list of candidates which could include property business, galleries, museums, theatres, international business and much much more. There are also many opportunities to work along side our Creative team, working with clients in a different space including TV & Film, Video Games and Sports.
This is a challenging and interesting client facing role, which will include exposure to a wide range of both UK and International clients, often working to tight deadlines and dealing with challenging technical issues.
- Advising management teams and shareholders on business disposals and acquisitions
- Advising management teams and shareholders on management incentive plans (including EMI,
- Growth Share plans and Employee Ownership trusts)
- Undertake tax valuations for employee share issues and EMI share options.
- Run and coordinate tax due diligence projects.
- Advise on corporate reorganisations such as capital reduction and s110 demergers
- Prepare HMRC clearance applications
- Advising on employment related securities issues.
- EIS and SEIS advance assurance applications and advisory work
- Advising on structuring international groups
- Advising on structuring property acquisitions and disposals.
The London Tax Department is currently split into six tax groups consisting of a corporate tax team, a VAT team, three personal tax groups and a tax advisory group. The department comprises 12 tax partners, and over 80 employees, with the majority being tax professionals.
The London Corporate Tax team is split into 2 halves, Creative & Mainstream, and encompasses all corporate tax across the many teams within the London Office.
We offer accounting, audit and assurance, business advisory, corporate finance, forensic and litigation, outsourcing, tax and VAT services. We act for businesses and individuals both in the UK and internationally. Our staff work regularly and closely with their colleagues in our regional offices to provide a seamless service to clients, wherever they are located.
The role would suit an ACA/CTA qualified person with some post qualification experience in corporation tax, employee share schemes, EIS/SEIS or M&A. Although some experience in these areas is desirable it not essential. A willingness to learn and a keen desire to become involved in new areas being the key.
The role may therefore suit an individual with a predominantly corporation tax compliance background but with strong technical skills and a desire to move into advisory work.
- An ability to provide advice and solutions to technical tax queries and interpret technical matters of varying complexity and communicate this information clearly to clients and other team members.
- Prepare advisory reports and correspondence on complex/technical tax matters.
- Strong UK tax technical skills and understanding.
- Project management skills, with the ability to plan and prioritise work, meet deadlines, monitor budgets.
- Provide feedback on the progress of work to those involved, keeping them informed of developments.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and internal stakeholders.
- Client focus and commercially aware.
- Commitment to building strong client relationship management with ability to develop quality outputs to clients.
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral
- Ensure delivery of quality work and take day to day responsibility for projects.
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000
- Eligibility for the discretionary bonus scheme at Manager level. This is based on both individual performance and firm performance. This is paid annually in August
- Salary reviews annually in October.
- Twenty-five days annual leave. This increases in line with length of service.
- In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days (35 hours) holiday a year, subject to staff partner approval.
- Six-month probationary period.
- Life assurance cover of four times salary,
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 5% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, which include; health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA). More information will be provided on joining