Our National Tax team which provides policy, technical and risk management support to Saffery’s tax practice are recruiting for a Manager. You will play a key role in driving a culture of collaboration and knowledge sharing across tax and in responding to policy and regulatory changes affecting our business. This role can be based from any of our nine UK offices.
- Keeping abreast of relevant technical developments and drafting our internal technical news updates;
- Drafting client briefings and articles on relevant topics;
- Reviewing and updating content on the intranet and on the tax pages of saffery.com;
- Helping plan, prepare and deliver the annual tax conference;
- Creating and updating technical and best practice content for our internal tax knowledgebase;
- Helping extend the use of technology, particularly around the intranet and knowledgebase, to support the tax practice;
- Helping with our response to the Budget and other key fiscal announcements;
- Assisting with responses to tax-related consultations.
- Attending new joiner inductions and office visits as a member of the National Tax team; and
- Helping plan and deliver other tax technical training, including on significant changes in legislation.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated and able to produce high quality work without close supervision. They will also require the following:
- Tax technical background (CTA or equivalent), with the ability to pick up and understand issues from across a range of taxes quickly.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to express complex issues simply and to write for a variety of audiences, both internal and external.
- Passion for sharing knowledge and improving the processes and technologies that help people to do so.
- Strong organisational skills and a desire to take ownership of their work.
- Strong networking skills and the ability to build relationships both virtually and in person.
- Ability to work with those at all grades across the firm, including the ability to challenge partners/directors where required.
Reward & Benefits
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Agile working policy giving you the option to work from home for up to 3 days per week.
- 25 days annual leave. After 5 years’ service, the entitlement will be increased by 1 day.
- In addition, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday a year
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 5% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Life assurance cover of 4 x annual salary,
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Company car as per Managers’ Car Scheme. May opt for a company car to the value to £15,100 by sacrificing £3,611 per annum of salary. (Pro-rata for lower vehicle cost).
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000. Paid in December.
- New client referral scheme. Members of staff introducing a new client to the firm, have the potential to receive a referral payment of up to 10% of the first year’s total fees.
- Eligibility for the discretionary bonus scheme. This is based on both individual performance and firm performance.
- Private Medical – entitled to join on successful completion of probationary period
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA.
- Paid travel expenses when working at offices other than your contracted office.
- Saffery is committed to being a fully inclusive employer and have a huge focus on ED&I. Upon joining the firm, you will have the opportunity to join a number of people network groups as well as be a part of the growing ED&I network.