Manager – National Tax – London
Our National Tax team which provides policy, technical and risk management support to Saffery’s tax practice are recruiting for a Manager. You will play a key role in driving a culture of collaboration and knowledge sharing across tax and in responding to policy and regulatory changes affecting our business.
- Keeping abreast of relevant technical developments and drafting our internal technical news updates;
- Drafting client briefings and articles on relevant topics;
- Reviewing and updating content on the intranet and on the tax pages of saffery.com;
- Helping plan, prepare and deliver the annual tax conference;
- Creating and updating technical and best practice content for our internal tax knowledgebase;
- Helping extend the use of technology, particularly around the intranet and knowledgebase, to support the tax practice;
- Helping with our response to the Budget and other key fiscal announcements;
- Assisting with responses to tax-related consultations.
- Attending new joiner inductions and office visits as a member of the National Tax team; and
- Helping plan and deliver other tax technical training, including on significant changes in legislation.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated and able to produce high quality work without close supervision. They will also require the following:
- Tax technical background (CTA or equivalent), with the ability to pick up and understand issues from across a range of taxes quickly.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to express complex issues simply and to write for a variety of audiences, both internal and external.
- Passion for sharing knowledge and improving the processes and technologies that help people to do so.
- Strong organisational skills and a desire to take ownership of their work.
- Strong networking skills and the ability to build relationships both virtually and in person.
- Ability to work with those at all grades across the firm, including the ability to challenge partners/directors where required.
Reward & Benefits
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Agile working policy giving you the option to work from home for up to 3 days per week.
- 25 days annual leave. After 5 years’ service, the entitlement will be increased by 1 day.
- In addition, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday a year
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 5% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Life assurance cover of 4 x annual salary,
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Company car as per Managers’ Car Scheme. May opt for a company car to the value to £15,100 by sacrificing £3,611 per annum of salary. (Pro-rata for lower vehicle cost).
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000. Paid in December.
- New client referral scheme. Members of staff introducing a new client to the firm, have the potential to receive a referral payment of up to 10% of the first year’s total fees.
- Eligibility for the discretionary bonus scheme. This is based on both individual performance and firm performance.
- Private Medical – entitled to join on successful completion of probationary period
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA.
- Paid travel expenses when working at offices other than your contracted office.
- Saffery Champness is committed to being a fully inclusive employer and have a huge focus on ED&I. Upon joining the firm, you will have the opportunity to join a number of people network groups as well as be a part of the growing ED&I network.