We are looking for a bright and enthusiastic Assistant Manager/Manager to work within our Private Wealth & Estates Group and become part of the team which provides a wide range of services to businesses and their ultimate owners. These services include accounts preparation, tax advice, and general financial project work. We can offer varied and interesting work within the group and the successful applicant would be responsible for overseeing all aspects of a client’s affairs.
This role will be based within the Private Wealth & Estates Group, which provides a wide range of strategic advisory and accounting services to private clients and their businesses. The successful candidate will predominantly support partners and directors to provide tax and other financial advisory services to the group’s clients.
The Private Wealth & Estates Group advises individuals and their associated entities. A proportion of the group’s work relates to large, landed estates and their associated operating structures, including family investment companies, trusts and general partnerships. The overall aim of the role is to provide outstanding client service in a professional and efficient manner, tailored to give the client the benefit of exceptional advice and maximum added value.
The successful applicant will be enthusiastic and technically capable, with excellent interpersonal and organisational skills. The position will require a high level of teamwork and commitment, with the ability to manage deadlines and run multiple projects concurrently. Candidates should be self-motivated, display a positive approach and can get things done. In addition, they should possess the confidence and professionalism to establish credibility at all levels, be commercially minded and have a clear perception of client requirements.
Candidates should be CTA qualified and would ideally also possess the ACA/ACCA. The successful candidate will possess a wide range of financial and tax advisory experience, including involvement in all aspects of personal tax and corporate compliance deadlines. The candidate will need to have experience in managing a demanding portfolio with a range of clients, reporting to multiple stakeholders simultaneously.
The firm will provide training and support to help develop the successful candidate’s specialist knowledge and capabilities.
Reward & Benefits
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm.
- Agile working policy with a minimum of 2 days working in the office, this may depend on client requirements.
- 25 days annual leave. After 5 years’ service, the entitlement will be increased by 1 day.
- In addition, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday a year.
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 5% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining).
- Life assurance cover of 4 x annual salary.
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Company car as per Managers’ Car Scheme. May opt for a company car to the value to £15,100 by sacrificing £3,611 per annum of salary. (Pro-rata for lower vehicle cost).
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000. Paid in December.
- New client referral scheme. Members of staff introducing a new client to the firm, have the potential to receive a referral payment of up to 10% of the first year’s total fees.
- Eligibility for the discretionary bonus scheme. This is based on both individual performance and firm performance.
- Private Medical – entitled to join on successful completion of probationary period.
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA.
- Paid travel expenses when working at offices other than your contracted office.
- Saffery is committed to being a fully inclusive employer and have a huge focus on ED&I. Upon joining the firm, you will have the opportunity to join a number of people network groups as well as be a part of the growing ED&I network.