We are looking for a bright and enthusiastic Assistant Manager/Manager to work within our Private Wealth and Estates Group and become part of the team which provides a wide range of services to businesses and their ultimate owners. These services include audit and accounting, tax advice, and general financial project work. We are able to offer varied and interesting work involving client contact with the people who make the decisions.
This role will be based within the Private Wealth and Estates Group which provides a wide range of lead advisory, audit and accounting services to private clients and their businesses. The successful candidate will predominantly support partners and directors with the team’s growing body of accounts, audit and wide variety of advisory services.
The Private Wealth and Estates Group staff and partners advise businesses ranging from large corporations to small family companies, all of which are owned by wealthy individuals. A proportion of the group’s work relates to large landed estates and their associated operating structures, including trusts and general partnerships. The overall aim of the role is to provide outstanding client service in a professional and efficient manner tailored to give the client the benefit of exceptional advice and maximum added value.
The role reports to Partners and senior managers/directors.
Private Wealth and Estates Group
The successful applicant will be enthusiastic and technically capable, with excellent interpersonal and organisational skills. The position will require ahigh level of ability and commitment, with the ability to manage deadlines and run multiple projects concurrently. Candidates should be self-motivated, display a positive approach and have the ability to get things done. In addition, they should possess the confidence and professionalism to establish credibility at all levels, be commercially minded and have a clear perception of client requirements.
Candidates should be ACA/ACCA qualified with a good exam record. The successful candidate will possess a wide range of audit experience. The candidate will need to have experience in managing a portfolio of small to large clients as well as having strong FRS102 technical skills.
The firm will provide training and support to help develop the successful candidate’s specialist knowledge and capabilities. A willingness to sit CTA or STEP would be an advantage. Training for such exams would be provided.
Systems used are MS Teams, Excel, Word, CCH Audit Automation and CCH Accounts Production.
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Annual salary reviews
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000
- Eligibility for the discretionary bonus scheme at Assistant Manager and Manager level. This is based on both individual performance and firm performance. This is paid annually in August
- Twenty-five days annual leave. This increases in line with length of service.
- In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days (35 hours) holiday a year, subject to staff partner approval.
- Six-month probationary period.
- Life assurance cover of four times salary,
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 4% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, which include; health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA). More information will be provided on joining.