We are seeking a bright and ambitious manager to join and complement the trust team within the Private Wealth and Estates Group. The team is growing in response to an expanding and more demanding client base and this is an excellent opportunity to join a team at the next stage in its growth.
The role will involve managing a portfolio of trust clients for the wealthiest of our private clients and this will include all aspects of trusts from managing the trust administration and accounts and tax return preparation through to complex advisory and inheritance tax matters. The main responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing accounts and tax returns prepared by the team
- Overseeing the trust administration and preparation processes
- Assisting senior managers/partners with various advisory work and projects
- Supporting the senior manager with the management of the team and processes
- The opportunity to build meaningful relationships with trustees, their advisors and the beneficiaries.
Our trust team sits within the Accounts and Trust Team of the Private Wealth Estates Group. We provide a partner lead service, concentrating all trust matters for both UK and offshore trusts.
The team consists of 4 core trust team members ranging from senior manager to senior and work with a number of other members of the Accounts, Personal Tax and Administration Teams.
We are a leading firm of Chartered Accountants and business advisers with offices in Bristol. Our Bristol office is home to 6 partners and 70+ members of staff.
Candidates will be committed to a career in trusts and will have strong relevant experience in this area. Candidates will also be a team player with a positive and enthusiastic attitude. Experience of running a portfolio of trust clients, including organising the delivery of work, problem solving and the ability to use your own initiative is essential with experience of advising trustees on various trust matters being desirable.
Previous experience of using computerized accounting or tax packages is useful. The firm uses CCH Personal Tax and CCH Trust Accounts.
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-12pm / 2pm-4pm
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm.
- Competitive annual salary depending upon experience.
- Reviews annually in April and October.
- Eligibility for the discretionary bonus scheme.
- Twenty-five days annual leave. This increases in line with length of service.
- In addition, under the SeleCt flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days holiday a year, subject to manager approval.
- Life assurance cover of three times salary, which you may increase to four x salary under the SeleCt flexible benefit programme.
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 4% of salary on a matched basis with employee after six months service)
- Six-month probationary period.
- Access to a number of other benefits with preferential rates under the SeleCt flexible benefit programme, which include; health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and optical plan and private medical insurance (dependent on the level of the role). More information can be found online.
- Reward gateway includes benefits such as discounted retail, travel & activities.