We are seeking and Outsourcing and Accounts Part-Qualified Semi-Senior to work in our London office within the Business Services Group, a team who deal predominantly with clients in the sports, media and entertainment industries.
The work is varied and ranges from typical outsourcing work (VAT returns, management accounts) through to ad hoc work such as assisting with tour accounts, property purchases and banking matters.
The role is permanent, and would suit an ACCA part-qualified accountant (Professional Stage), or equivalent, who is seeking to consolidate their knowledge of bookkeeping, VAT and management accounts.
The candidate would be responsible for working on a variety of clients’ affairs, and the role would include (but is not limited to) the following, within agreed deadlines:
- Overseeing processing work on Dext and Xero and other accounting software
- Agreeing and executing payment runs on clients’ behalf using a variety of online banking platforms
- Preparing / reviewing VAT returns
- Preparing management accounts, including reconciling all key account balances and tailoring the presentation specific to each client
- Carrying out ad hoc tasks such as cash flows, budgets and information for 3rd parties
The candidate would be working within a team, usually alongside a junior processing clerk, and for larger jobs also a semi-senior, to whom they would need to delegate certain tasks and supervise.
We would also expect that there will be some involvement in preparing year end accounts, mainly for those clients for whom we have provided an outsourcing service, however, the main focus of the role would be outsourcing related work.
The role reports to the Outsourcing and Accounts Director.
The candidate will have strong numeracy and accuracy skills, along with the ability to learn quickly. A good knowledge of Excel would be preferable, and knowledge of Xero is essential.
Understanding of other accounting systems, including cloud-based systems such as Hubdoc, Dext Prepare and QuickBooks Online, would be helpful, but is not an essential requirement.
The ideal candidate should be hard working, show initiative and be self-motivated, with the ability to organise their own workload. They should also demonstrate the ability to cope with a number of competing deadlines. They will display a flexible, professional approach and have the confidence and ability to communicate effectively with managers, partners and clients.
They will also be a natural team player with a positive and enthusiastic attitude and excellent eye for detail.
The candidate should be educated to at least A level standard (or equivalent) as well as be part way through studying for their ACCA qualification. We expect that the candidate will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience within a similar accounting role.
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Agile working policy giving you the option to work from home for up to 3 days per week.
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu.
- 25 days annual leave. After 5 years’ service, the entitlement will be increased by 1 day
- In addition, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday a year
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 5% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Life assurance cover of 4 x annual salary,
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000. Paid in December.
- Employee referral scheme. Assistant Manager level and below, including support staff, will attract a referral reward of £5,000, Manager level or above, will attract a referral reward of £10,000.
- New client referral scheme. Members of staff introducing a new client to the firm, have the potential to receive a referral payment of up to 10% of the first year’s total fees.
- Staff have access to health assessments, cancer screenings and health cash plans through the flexible benefits programme.
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA.
- Paid travel expenses when working at offices other than your contracted office.
- Saffery Champness is committed to being a fully inclusive employer and have a huge focus on ED&I. Upon joining the firm, you will have the opportunity to join a number of people network groups as well as be a part of the growing ED&I network.