Due to continued growth, we are a looking for a talented individual to join the Peterborough office as a Semi-Senior within our Audit Team, the successful candidate is expected to have some prior experience and be either AAT qualified or have progressed at least part way through their ACA exams.
As a Semi-Senior, you will be responsible for working as part of a team to deliver statutory audit and other assurance engagements to our clients. You will work as part of a team to deliver our uniquely personal and proactive service, upholding the highest standards in client service.
- work with our expansive and varied client base, including a number of large corporate clients and groups with turnover up to £500m
- add value to all aspects of statutory audit engagements, from planning through to completion and will also be involved in the preparation and review of group and single entity financial statements
- build and maintain strong relationships with our clients
- supervise, coach and develop new trainees
- benefit from investment in coaching and developing you, with direct support from Qualified staff and one-to-one support from the Manager team
The role provides the opportunity for someone who has commenced their career in the profession to join an organisation and team with a great work-life balance and a genuine interest and focus in you and your career. You will gain experience on large and complex clients in a fast-growing office, creating genuine opportunities for career progression. A full training contract and study support will be provided.
The team and our values
You will be joining a growing team and will have regular check-ins with your Performance and Development Reviewer (Manager) to support you in your role and career. You will join a vibrant team of people who are studying towards their professional qualification or are already qualified, and can expect to work closely with the Managers and Partners.
All interactions and decisions we make as a team are underpinned by our values of collegiately, enthusiasm, integrity and excellence. We are looking to continue to develop a caring team with similar values to build on the excellent client service we strive to deliver within an enjoyable environment.
The working environment
The Peterborough office of Saffery is located easily off the A1, adjacent to Nene Park in one of the UK’s four environment cities; offering an, on-site gym, café, electric car charging and free parking. Our modern, light, airy offices have been designed to provide a working space this is conducive to team collaboration and agile working.
The successful candidate will be studying ACA or be AAT Qualified.You should have prior experience in an audit or accounts role, with emphasis on audit experience given this area of growth. You should be motivated, organised, commercially minded and have a clear perception of good client service.
In addition, you should possess good interpersonal skills, demonstrate initiative and be able to provide accurate work in a timely and cost-effective manner. Furthermore, you should display a flexible, professional approach, and have the confidence and ability to establish credibility with partners and clients. A natural team player is essential, with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm and an agile working policy to facilitate home-working.
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu for any overtime worked
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000 for the full year. Paid in December.
- Salary reviews annually in October.
- Twenty days annual leave with an additional day added after each years’ service.
- In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days (35 hours) holiday a year, subject to staff partner approval.
- Six-month probationary period
- Life assurance cover of four times salary
- Private Medical – Staff have access to a private medical scheme through the flexible benefits programme.
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, which include; health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA). More information will be provided on joining.