Our Harrogate office is seeking an experienced Personal Assistant to provide a professional, flexible and high standard of support to two very busy Partners and their teams across the office.
Working in a fast paced, sometimes demanding environment you must a self-starter, proactive and adaptable, confident in multi-tasking, able to prioritise your work and remain calm, confident and in control when under pressure.
The ideal candidate will have previous professional services experience, will be enthusiastic, a pro-active self starter, with excellent attention to detail and a real “can do” attitude.
Reporting to the Executive Assistant/Office Manager, responsibilities will include:
- Diary management for Partners to include arranging meetings, booking external venues and internal meeting rooms
- Minute taking (as required)
- Preparing and submitting expense claims
- Booking travel and accommodation
- E-mail management
- Participating in the Reception rota, assisting with meeting room servicing and filing incoming post
- Liaising with clients and others in a professional and polite manner, following up on any agreed actions
- Taking a proactive approach to building relationships with clients, colleagues and intermediaries
AML & Billing:
- Assisting Partners and client teams with the new client set up and onboarding process
- Dealing with anti-money laundering requirements in a proactive manner
- Preparing and issuing Letters of Engagement
- Providing support with the billing process, including running WIP reports, raising invoices and sending to clients
- Preparing and formatting documents including Letters of Engagement, reports, presentations and general correspondence
- Collating and printing of agendas, presentations and meeting papers
- Production of PowerPoint presentations
- Carrying out PDF manipulation
Support of other functions/activities:
- Proof reading of tenders and other documents
- Events organisation such as arranging lunches and client events
Relationship building/internal networking:
- Involvement in committees and steering groups relating to secretarial/administrative support and processes for the wider firm
- Supporting other members of the Support Team in times of business need as well as supporting other fee earning teams across the office
This role will be part of the Business Support Team comprising the EA/OM, one other PA and a Business Support Assistant.
This role will be based in our Harrogate Office but will be relocating to new offices in Leeds City Centre in late summer 2024.
We are looking for the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to take responsibility for your own tasks and prioritise work in a calm and efficient manner
- Well-developed time management skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining a high standard of accuracy
- Able to manage expectations and provide realistic timelines for delivery whilst ensuring that work is completed to a high standard and meets deadlines
- Able to delegate or hand over work to ensure timely completion
- Able to work pro-actively to find ways of making fee earner’s lives easier
- Well-developed communication skills and the ability to communicate in a confident and professional manner at all levels
- Demonstrate proactivity and the ability to work with minimum supervision and to use initiative
- Understand deadlines during busy periods and be able to work flexibly during these times
- The ability to adapt to different working styles to support Partners and others
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality and discretion at all times
- Must be reliable with a strong work ethic and a ‘can-do’ approach.
- Acts as a positive role model at all times
- High levels of IT literacy in Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Taking responsibility for undertaking mandatory training to improve skills to meet the needs of the business
- Fast and accurate keyboard skills with excellent attention to detail, use of language and grammar
Reward & Benefits
- A 35 hour working week with a hybrid working policy with the flexibility to work from home for up to three days per week (our core hours are 10-4)
- Excellent benefits including; contributory pension scheme, 25 days annual leave, Life Assurance cover and great flexible benefits and family friendly policies,
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan. Paid in December.
- Eligibility for the discretionary bonus scheme.