We are looking for a proactive, driven individual to join our personal tax advisory team. This is an advisory only Private Client role, which will allow you to focus on providing tax advice without involvement in the day-to-day tax compliance work.
- The successful applicant will work closely with directors and senior managers in the advisory team, as well as partners across the firm, supporting the provision of tax advice and tax planning work to our clients.
- The position will involve comprehensive technical research using a variety of research resources, email drafting and report writing, as well as preparing the supporting tax calculations and liaising with our tax compliance teams where appropriate.
- The successful applicant will work together with colleagues to help deliver bespoke technical advice, communicating complex ideas effectively and efficiently.
- Part of the role could involve discussing new work opportunities with potential clients and intermediaries and assisting with marketing activities.
- We have a diverse and interesting client base and the examples of work you might be involved in include pre-arrival/pre-departure planning, advice relating to UK and offshore trust and company structures, inheritance tax and succession planning, property acquisition and sale planning, land and rural matters, and shareholder transaction work.
- The role provides an excellent opportunity for somebody wishing to broaden their experience and build on their technical tax knowledge. You will have the opportunity to develop into a rounded and experienced advisor.
The Southern Regional Group Personal Tax Advisory team comprises six directors and senior managers spread over four UK offices (Bristol, Bournemouth, High Wycombe & Peterborough). The team delivers exceptional quality advisory services to a wide range of high net worth private clients, these include those with UK and offshore interests, property owners, business owners, partnerships, and trusts.
- Individuals should be proactive and driven to deliver excellent client service. The right candidate will be committed to a career in tax and will have relevant strong experience.
- Experience of technical research using the tax legislation and other resources, problem solving and the ability to communicate complex ideas to clients in writing and verbally is essential.
- With this role come the prerequisites that the candidate is self-motivated, committed, and flexible, a natural team player, with a positive and enthusiastic attitude and the ability to work to tight deadlines when required. In addition, they should possess the confidence and professionalism to establish credibility, be commercially minded and have a clear perception of client requirements.
- Applicants should be preferably CTA qualified, or equivalent.
Reward & Benefits
- A 35 hour working week with a hybrid working policy with the option to work from home for up to three days per week (core hours 10-4)
- Excellent benefits including; contributory pension scheme, 25 days annual leave, Life Assurance cover and great flexible benefits and policies,
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan. Paid in December.
- As an Assistant Manager there is eligibility for the discretionary bonus scheme and at Qualified Senior level there is paid overtime or time off in lieu.