The Private Wealth and Estates Group are looking for a Qualified or Unqualified Senior to join the team in London.
To become part of the team which provides a wide range of accounting and lead advisory services to our clients.
- Preparing financial documents, accounts, audit reports and tax returns for high net worth individuals and their businesses;
- Identifying and communicating accounting and auditing matters to managers;
- Conducting assigned audit and accounts engagements successfully from beginning to end
- Reviewing and providing advice on client’s business plans and financial models;
- Financial advisory projects for ongoing clients, such as estate planning advice for individuals and their families
- Undertaking ad hoc tax advisory work for large landed estates and family groups
- Specialist projects could include business valuation reports in a tax, divorce or commercial setting
The aim is to provide outstanding service in a professional and efficient manner tailored to give the client the benefit of exceptional advice and maximum added value, treating their personal and business interests as one.
The jobholder will work alongside partners and managers in the Private Wealth and Estates Group to deliver high quality advice and compliance services to our clients. Whilst many of the firm’s largest clients are served by London based partners, the day to day compliance work is often located in a regional office. The successful candidate will coordinate the compliance work whilst working on strategic advice for our clients.
The London Private Wealth and Estates Group (PWEG) provides a wide range of services to wealthy individuals, their families and trusts. These services include audit and accounting, tax advice, and general financial project work.
Apart from clients in the liquid wealth and farming/landed estates and sectors, which are generally assigned to the Private Wealth and Estates Group, the Group also advises businesses ranging in size from multi-national corporations to small family companies, many of which are owned by wealthy individuals.
- ACA qualified (including those who are exam qualified but may not be time qualified)
- Demonstrate a passion for delivering quality and ensures that client needs are met, benefiting both the client and the firm.
- Defines performance measures and continuously looks to assess, improve and achieve objectives.
- Sets priorities, defines activities, gives responsibilities and plans work so that results are achieved on time.
- Seeks self-development and provides support that enables others to develop within the firm.
- Works cooperatively with others, positively influences them and ensures team participation to support the firm’s goals.
- Thinks widely and laterally to identify and consider different options before determining the best solution.
- Listens to, understands and communicates confidently with others in a clear, concise, polite and purposeful way.
- Motivates self and others to succeed for the benefit of the firm.
- In addition to the above the individual should be organised and commercially minded. They should display a flexible, professional approach and have the confidence and ability to establish credibility with Partners and clients.
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu (pre-approved and only where required).
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000
- Salary reviews annually in October.
- Twenty-three days annual leave with an additional day added after each year’s service.
- In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days (35 hours) holiday a year, subject to staff partner approval.
- Six-month probationary period.
- Life assurance cover of four times salary,
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 4% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, which include; health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA). More information will be provided on joining.