In a growing department, within the Saffery London office, this exciting new role is an opportunity to make a real difference in the audit team by ensuring the right people work on the right client jobs and at the right time.
As a brand-new role, the Resource Management Lead position is likely to evolve with the expanding team, and a successful candidate will be able to influence the evolution of the role and bring forth a strategy and process to Resource within the department.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Day to day management of the staff planner (Retain Cloud) to ensure deployment of the audit staff, from new trainees through to qualified audit seniors, which balance the needs of the business with the needs of the individual.
- Coordinating with other audit teams from other departments and offices regarding resourcing requirements.
- Producing, using, and analysing data from Retain Cloud to assist with recommendations and regular insights to key stakeholders, particularly with reference to resourcing decisions and the pipeline of new work/client wins.
- Prepare reports or department workforce plans to identify the number of staff required to meet the demand forecast for client work.
- Management of client portfolio allocation for the manager group. This will need to balance specialist skills, developing more junior managers and capacity with client relationships and client service central to all decisions.
- Taking an active leading role in resourcing projects and decisions, within the department and wider firm projects. This will include monitoring and sharing information with key stakeholders about capacity within the team.
- Engagement and stakeholder collaboration with Saffery partners, fee earning staff, talent management and recruitment surrounding staff allocation, priorities, and future projections.
The Business Advisory Group (‘BAG’) has grown significantly in the last few years and now has over 130 partners and staff. This department is broken down into four teams. Two of these teams are audit teams (Business Advisory and Assurance, and Not-For-Profit). The Resource Manager will support both of the audit teams which work with a combined pool of staff below manager level.
As this is a new role for the department, previous experience in workforce planning/resource deployment is essential. Ideally this would be in an audit environment.
The successful candidate will also have the following:
- Excellent organisational and time management skills to prioritise conflicting deadlines and achieve business objectives.
- Clear communication skills that aid in understanding stakeholder needs, identifying and resolving resourcing conflicts and linking new starter/leaver process, secondments and annual leave booking to ensure appropriate (re)allocation of work.
- Strong capability and desire to build trusted relationships and a collegiate working style with the audit team and the wider firm.
- Previous experience and understanding how resourcing impacts profitability, engagement, agility, and retention goals within the audit team.
- Be commercially minded and forwarding thinking, which will be used to influence business decisions.
- Prior experience using technology and established tools effectively, as well looking for new opportunities and innovations.
- Enthusiastic about best practice resourcing and driving change within the audit team.
Reward & Benefits
- A 35 hour working week with a hybrid working policy with the flexibility to work from home for up to three days per week (our core hours are 10-4)
- Excellent benefits including; contributory pension scheme, 25 days annual leave, Life Assurance cover and great flexible benefits and family friendly policies,
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan. Paid in December.
- Eligibility for the discretionary bonus scheme.