We are a looking for a bright and able individual to join the High Wycombe office as an Audit Trainee/Semi Senior. Candidates must have a pro-active attitude, relevant experience and be looking to develop their skills within a leading audit and accounts department.
The aim is to provide the required service in a professional and efficient manner tailored to give the client the benefit of good advice and maximum added value. The successful applicant will provide complete and efficient back up to the audit department management team and the High Wycombe office partners. This is a mixed role that will include undertaking audit and accounts work, both in the office and at client premises. The balance of audit and accounts work within the role can be tailored for an appropriate candidate, who would be expected to take responsibility for the delivery of small projects from the beginning and to work up to leading teams within the first year.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on audit and accounts for a wide range of clients, including specialist work for charities and solicitors as well as private companies and groups of all sizes. Preparation of financial forecast models, business plans, reporting on internal controls, financial due diligence and other ad hoc projects will also be required from time to time. The role will include supervising the work of more junior staff and liaising with tax staff, the Partner and our clients, as necessary.
The role provides a good range of work for someone with solid technical skills and with a mixed background of audit and accounts work, wishing to build on his or her experience in a fast-growing office that will provide opportunities for progression.
You will be joining an experienced and established team that has grown rapidly in recent years. While you will be expected to contribute to the development of the existing pool of trainees, you will be supported in your own development by the Seniors and management team, all of whom consider staff development to be a key goal.
The High Wycombe offices is situated just off junction 4 of the M40 and located within walking distance of the town centre, with on-site parking.
The successful candidate will be a part qualified accountant and possess a range of audit and accounts experience, ideally including the preparation or audit of consolidated group accounts or charity accounts.
Applicants will be motivated, well organised, commercially minded and have a clear perception of client requirements. In addition, they will possess good interpersonal skills, demonstrate initiative and be able to provide accurate work in a timely and cost-effective manner. Furthermore, they should display a flexible, professional approach, and have the confidence and ability to establish credibility with partners and clients. A natural team player is essential, with a positive and enthusiastic attitude, and a commitment to their own development as well as that of their team.
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu (pre-approved and only where required).
- Working from home allowance.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm.
- Salary reviews in April and October.
- Twenty-three days annual leave with an additional day added after each year’s service.
- In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days (35 hours) holiday a year, subject to staff partner approval.
- Six-month probationary period.
- Life assurance cover of four times salary,
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 4% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, which include; health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA. More information will be provided on joining.