We are seeking a Semi-Senior within our Peterborough Corporate Tax team. This role will be responsible for a wide ranging and interesting portfolio of corporate clients. We are seeking candidates with previous practice experience, preferably with the ATT qualification, who are looking to develop their career in a supportive environment within an accountancy practice.
The candidate will be committed to a career in tax and ideally would’ve gained at least 12 months’ experience in a corporate tax role. A general understanding of accounts is desirable.
Duties will mainly include working with clients and more senior members of the team on the corporation tax compliance aspects of the portfolio, including preparation of corporation tax returns and computations, advising on payment dates and dealing with all other administrative matters. There will also be the opportunity to assist in tax advisory projects.
You will be joining a very well-established team consisting of lots of managerial support. You will be working closely with Managers, Senior Managers, Directors and Partners.
Candidates are likely to be ATT, ACA or ACCA qualified or part way through these studies. There would be an opportunity to study for the CTA qualification. The ideal candidate should be hard working, show initiative and be self-motivated, with the ability to organise their own workload. They will display a flexible, professional approach and have the confidence and ability to communicate effectively with partners and clients. They will also be a natural team player with a positive and enthusiastic attitude and an excellent eye for detail.
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu (pre-approved and only where required).
- Working from home allowance.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. The payment is usually circa £1,000.
- Salary reviews annually in October.
- Twenty days annual leave with an additional day added after each year’s service.
- In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days (35 hours) holiday a year, subject to staff partner approval.
- Six-month probationary period.
- Life assurance cover of four times salary.
- Contributory pension scheme – The firm will contribute 4% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining.
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, which include; health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA. More information will be provided on joining.