We are currently recruiting motivated and confident tax semi-seniors to join our Tax Services Group (TSG).
The Tax Services Group (TSG) consists of over 60 employees spread over four UK offices (Bristol, Bournemouth, High Wycombe and Peterborough). The team delivers exceptional quality compliance and advisory services to a wide range of high net worth private clients, these include those with UK and offshore interests, property owners, business owners, partnerships and trusts.
A successful candidate will be responsible for a portfolio of high net worth private clients, including trusts, partnerships and non-UK domiciliaries. The role will include the preparation of tax returns for those clients, preparation of business tax and CGT computations, preparing responses to client queries and dealing with HM Revenue & Customs in connection with the clients’ affairs.
The role provides an excellent range of work for someone with a background in tax compliance wishing to broaden their experience with a dedicated “private client” firm with a diverse client base.
We are offering the successful candidate the opportunity to commence or complete their study towards becoming a Chartered Tax Adviser.
The right candidate will be committed to a career in tax and have relevant experience in a personal tax role.
The successful applicant will have the ability to use their own initiative and to problem solve. In addition, they will possess excellent organisational and interpersonal skills, and provide accurate work in a timely and cost-effective manner. With this role, come the pre-requisite that the candidate is self-motivated, committed and flexible, a natural team player, with a positive and enthusiastic attitude and the ability to work with stretching targets and deadlines,
Previous experience of using tax return software is assumed, as is use of Word and Excel. Some knowledge of computerised accounts packages would be useful.
Candidates must be educated to at least ‘A’ level standard and ideally graduate level. He/she should have obtained ATT and be studying for (or have recently obtained) the CTA qualification.
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu (pre-approved and only where required).
- Agile working policy which includes home working
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,200
- Salary review annually in October.
- Twenty days annual leave with an additional day added after each years’ service.
- In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days (35 hours) holiday a year, subject to staff partner approval.
- Six-month probationary period.
- Life assurance cover of four times salary,
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 4% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, which include; health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA). More information will be provided on joining.