Senior – Accounts – Bournemouth
We are seeking an accounts Senior to work in our Bournemouth office dealing predominantly with owner managed businesses and clients in the private wealth and estates sector.
This is a client facing, fast paced role which includes advisory elements and often deals with high-net worth clients.
The work is varied and ranges from typical year end compliance through to ad-hoc advisory and project work. The client base is a mix of sole traders, partnerships, limited companies, limited liability partnerships, trusts and smaller private charities.
The role is permanent and would suit an ACCA/ACA qualified accountant who is seeking to consolidate their knowledge of accounts, compliance, and trusts, and take it to the next level by building on their advisory, client management and supervisory skills.
The candidate would be responsible for working on a variety of clients’ affairs, and the role would include (but is not limited to) the following key elements, within agreed deadlines:
- Preparation of year-end financial statements
- Taking ownership of ad-hoc advisory projects
- Work planning and annual timetabling
- Financial management
- Liaison with the tax team
- Building and maintaining client relationships
- Assisting in the development of junior team members
- Experience of preparing year end accounts using accounts production software such as CCH or an equivalent is also required.
The role is office based; however, the firm has an agile working policy that allows for flexibility on this.
You will be part of the Accounts Team in our Bournemouth office. This will include a support network from both ends. With capable, experienced Semi-Seniors and Seniors alongside enthusiastic Senior Managers and Directors
The Bournemouth Office is located within the town centre on Poole Road. Plenty of parking is available office road less than a minute walk from the office.
The office consists of 70+ staff and 5 Partners spread across Tax, Audit and Accounts.
The successful candidate will be ACA/ACCA qualified and will have a number of years’ experience of working in a practice.
The candidate will have strong numeracy and analytical skills, along with the ability to learn quickly. A good knowledge of Excel and Word is essential. Understanding of other accounting systems would be helpful but is not an essential requirement.
The ideal candidate should be hard-working, show initiative and be self-motivated, with the ability to organise their own workload. They should also demonstrate the ability to cope with a number of competing deadlines. They will display a flexible, professional approach and have the confidence and ability to communicate effectively with managers, partners and clients.
They will also be a natural team player with a positive and enthusiastic attitude and excellent eye for detail. Consolidation experience is desirable albeit not essential.
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Agile working policy giving you the option to work from home for up to 3 days per week.
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu.
- 25 days annual leave. After 5 years’ service, the entitlement will be increased by 1 day
- In addition, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday a year
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 5% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Life assurance cover of 4 x annual salary,
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000. Paid in December.
- Employee referral scheme. Assistant Manager level and below, including support staff, will attract a referral reward of £5,000, Manager level or above, will attract a referral reward of £10,000.
- New client referral scheme. Members of staff introducing a new client to the firm, have the potential to receive a referral payment of up to 10% of the first year’s total fees.
- Staff have access to health assessments, cancer screenings and health cash plans through the flexible benefits programme.
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA.
- Paid travel expenses when working at offices other than your contracted office.
- Saffery Champness is committed to being a fully inclusive employer and have a huge focus on ED&I. Upon joining the firm, you will have the opportunity to join a number of people network groups as well as be a part of the growing ED&I network.