We are seeking an experienced, professional, and enthusiastic Senior Member to join our Accounts Prep team. In this role, you will play a crucial part in ensuring our firm’s accounting records are maintained to the highest standard, demonstrating a strong technical knowledge and accounting expertise. Exceptional communication with clients, directors, team members, colleagues, and professionals are fundamental aspects of this role, along with maintaining strict confidentiality.
Corporate & Professional Responsibilities:
As a Senior Member of the Accounts Prep team, you will be responsible for the following:
- Promote and Support: Actively promote and support the firm’s aims and image.
- Effective Relationships: Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all colleagues.
- Cooperation: Cooperate with colleagues to foster an open and supportive environment.
- Professionalism: Carry out duties with care and professionalism, upholding the reputation of the business.
- Ethical Conduct: Serve as a role model for the highest standards of ethical conduct.
- Trust and Respect: Establish working relationships based on confidence, trust, and respect, exhibiting professional and personal integrity consistently.
Client Service Excellence:
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external clients through proactive and regular communication.
- Lead by example in providing high-quality, professional client service excellence to both external and internal clients.
- Anticipate the business’s future needs and initiate appropriate actions, seeking to resolve issues beyond immediate problems or demands.
- Ensure the team delivers work/services to the business within acceptable timeframes.
- Encourage team members to continuously measure and strive for improved quality service to the business.
Planning & Organising:
- Prioritize, schedule work, allocate responsibilities, tasks, and resources appropriately.
- Review the overall team workload and conduct regular reviews of outstanding work on an individual basis to meet deadlines and avoid backlogs.
- Keep technical knowledge up to date by attending relevant courses.
- Provide on-the-job training to the team.
- Manage staff performance in alignment with the review process, set clear aims and objectives, coach, and monitor progress regularly, offering constructive feedback to support individual development needs.
- Address underperformance by demonstrating effective constructive feedback skills.
- Assist the manager with information required for quarterly board meetings.
- Build support for others’ views and ideas to gain commitment regarding the way forward.
- Assist the manager in leading regular team meetings.
- Develop innovative approaches and ideas to resolve problems and issues.
- Encourage others to identify and evaluate alternative solutions to problems.
- Promote effective communication skills within the office at all levels and with other professionals.
- Foster a culture that encourages honesty, open discussion, and information sharing at all levels.
- Actively demonstrate an enthusiastic, positive approach.
- Encourage all staff to promote the firm and raise awareness of the firm’s image.
- Support staff development by providing training and development opportunities, allowing them to reach their full potential.
- Inspire others to adhere to high standards, teaching, tutoring, coaching, mentoring, formally or informally, in areas of expertise.
- Build confidence in others.
- Efficiently manage the team, ensuring good morale, and liaise with Directors regarding the team’s requirements.
- Ensure proper completion of all documentation under the flexisheet and APS timekeeping systems.
- Adhere to all office and departmental procedures.
- Prepare trust and company accounts from the firm’s records to a high standard, producing adequate working papers and back-up documentation. Analyse and interpret accounts, updating them as necessary following the review process.
- Handle queries and follow up on administrative actions required during and after accounts preparation.
- Review the team’s accounts files and ensure that all relevant documentation is correct and up-to-date, maintaining a high standard of work.
- Regularly review workload to ensure targets and time utilization align with set objectives.
- Work under pressure of deadlines, establishing and maintaining good working relationships with other team members and administrative staff.
- Provide support and training in the team for accounts preparation.
- Promote the firm’s image whenever possible.
- Delegate workload and update the client accounting list regularly.
- Perform any other relevant duties as requested.
- In-depth accounting and technical expertise.
- Excellent working knowledge of Safferys philosophy and culture, with awareness of business objectives and strategies.
- ACA/ACCA qualification (or equivalent) or 15 years of knowledge/experience in a senior client accounting role.
- Proven track record of delivering service excellence to high-quality standards.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to develop effective relationships at all levels.
- Effective organizational and planning skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficiency in all relevant IT programs.
- Dedicated and highly professional approach with total commitment to best practices and a proactive approach.
- Ability to work independently, use initiative, and prioritize work.
- Ability to work in a timely manner and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Supportive approach to management decisions.
- Demonstrate full compliance with all legal requirements and all relevant Safferys policies.
- Demonstrate full adherence to all Swiss regulatory and Data Protection requirements.
This comprehensive job description outlines the responsibilities, expectations, and qualifications for the Senior Member of the Accounts Prep team position. Candidates who are committed to delivering excellent client service and maintaining the highest professional standards are encouraged to apply.
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu (pre-approved and only where required).
- Working from home allowance.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm.
- Twenty-five days annual leave with an additional day added after each year’s service.
- In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days (35 hours) holiday a year, subject to staff partner approval.
- Six-month probationary period.
- Life assurance cover of four times salary,
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 5% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, which include; health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA. More information will be provided on joining.