Senior/Assistant Manager – Transfer Pricing
We are a looking for a bright and able individual to join our national Transfer Pricing Team which is based in our Peterborough office. We are looking for an individual to join us at either at a senior or assistant manager level. Candidates must have a pro-active attitude, relative experience and be looking for longevity within the Transfer Pricing service line.
- As the successful Transfer Pricing Senior/Assistant Manager, your duties will include:
- Attending functional analysis interviews with clients led by the transfer pricing Manager or Director
- Drafting transfer pricing reports including UK local and master files
- Assisting with economic benchmarking analysis
- Assisting the transfer pricing Manager or Director to answer technical questions raised by our client base
- Assisting the transfer pricing Manager or Director with proposals for transfer pricing services
- Assisting the transfer pricing Manager or Director with international tax advisory projects and the coordination of overseas service lines on inbound and outbound tax advisory projects
- Assisting on and project managing the delivery of a variety of technical projects, from planning through to documentation and enquiries, including on multi-jurisdictional transfer pricing projects
- Managing a small portfolio of repeat transfer pricing clients
- Be involved in the financial management of clients
- Assist the transfer pricing director in writing transfer pricing thought leadership papers for our website
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and further opportunities on new/existing clients
- Coordination with specialists across our global network to deliver great outcomes for our clients
- Helping to train a trainee who will partly report into you
- Keeping up to date with relevant transfer pricing technical and regulatory and business issues
You will be joining our growing national transfer pricing team and will be part of our wider Corporate Tax team in Peterborough. However, you will have the benefits of joining a large multi-service line team with a friendly, supportive and dynamic element.
The Peterborough office is located just off the A1 in Lynchwood Business Park. Bus routes are available, but driving is often the more preferred mode of transport. Free parking all day on site, along with a full stocked quality canteen.
To be considered for the Transfer Pricing Executive role, you will need experience in a similar position. A CTA or ACA Qualification is desirable, but if you are part qualified with required experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
You should be enthusiastic and willing to learn with an interest in transfer pricing and other aspects of international tax. You should be personable, with an engaging attitude and like working within a team, be an excellent communicator and have had experience in training staff.
- 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu (pre-approved and only where required).
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Salary reviews annually in October.
- Twenty-three days annual leave with an additional day added after each years’ service. On 1 January, after 1 year’s service, the entitlement will be increased by 7 hours and thereafter by a further 7 hours on 1 January following completion of 2, years’ service, giving a maximum of 175 hours after 2 years’ service.
- In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days (35 hours) holiday a year, subject to staff partner approval.
- Six-month probationary period.
- Life assurance cover of four times salary,
- Private Medical – Staff have access to a private medical scheme through the flexible benefits programme.
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 4% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA.
Additional Benefits for Assistant Managers:
- Eligibility for the discretionary bonus scheme. This is based on both individual performance and firm performance. (This will be instead of Paid Over Time)
- Twenty-five days annual leave
Saffery Champness is a firm of chartered accountants and business advisers. We have over 80 partners and over 700 staff that work from nine offices in the UK, plus offices in Ireland, Guernsey, Switzerland and the UAE.
We are bound by our shared values: ensuring excellence and integrity in the work we undertake and being enthusiastic and collegiate in working together to achieve the very best outcomes for our clients. We value our strong client relationships and genuinely partner-led approach, and we place great importance on providing exemplary client service.
We are a member of Nexia, a leading global network of independent accounting and consulting firms. This network connects us to over 250 other member firms in 120 countries across the globe, so we are able connect our clients to the very best advisers no matter what country their affairs take them to.
Our experts advise a broad range of individuals, their families, businesses and wider interests. The sectors in which we operate include: private wealth; owner-managed businesses; real estate; landed estates and rural businesses; sports and entertainment; not-for-profit organisations; and professional firms and consulting businesses.