Our Business Advisory Group is recruiting for a senior to join the audit department in London.
To become part of the team which provides a wide range of advisory, audit and accounting services to our clients.
The Audit Senior will be primarily responsible for the following tasks:
- Preparing financial documents, audit reports, accounts, tax returns;
- Identifying and communicating accounting and auditing matters to managers;
- Conducting assigned audit engagements successfully from beginning to end;
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
Although the job holder will be formally assigned to the Business Advisory Group, all audit seniors and trainee chartered accountants, within the London office, belong to a central resource called the London staff pool. It is the firm’s intention to provide, through the pool, a broad and varied range of experience to all fee-earning staff in the Business Advisory and Private Wealth and Estates Groups.
The operation of a staff pool ensures the continuous development of high quality, flexible, generalist skills in these two London groups. In addition, it also creates increased opportunities for staff to develop and improve their profile within the firm, as well as giving senior staff and Partners the exposure to the full range of resources available to them. Staff can progress from the pool into a variety of more senior positions within the firm.
There is also the opportunity to work on one-off projects, particularly within our corporate finance department.
Our audit seniors are also given the opportunity to manage a small portfolio of jobs which helps develop them for the next stage in their development and career progression.
The applicant should be able to demonstrate the following skills and behaviours:
- Demonstrate a passion for delivering quality and ensures that client needs are met, benefiting both the client and the firm.
- Defines performance measures and continuously looks to assess, improve and achieve objectives.
- Sets priorities, defines activities, gives responsibilities and plans work so that results are achieved on time.
- Seeks self-development and provides support that enables others to develop within the firm.
- Works cooperatively with others, positively influences them and ensures team participation to support the firm’s goals.
- Thinks widely and laterally to identify and consider different options before determining the best solution.
- Listens to, understands and communicates confidently with others in a clear, concise, polite and purposeful way.
- Motivates self and others to succeed for the benefit of the firm.
In addition to the above the individual should be organised and commercially minded. They should display a flexible, professional approach and have the confidence and ability to establish credibility with Partners and clients.
Education and experience
- A minimum 2.1 degree is required.
- Minimum 2-4 years auditing and accounting experience.
- ACA, ACCA qualified or equivalent with good pass rates in the professional exams.
- Ability to identify, research and help to resolve complex audit issues.
- Ability to manage, develop, train, and mentor staff on projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews
- Technically strong with a good knowledge of accounting and auditing standards
The Business Advisory Group staff and Partners advise businesses ranging from large multi-national corporations to small family companies, many of which are owned by wealthy individuals. In addition to commercial companies in service/manufacturing industries, we also deal with professional partnerships, financial service companies, sports and entertainment businesses, entrepreneurs, charities and schools. The aim is to provide outstanding service in a professional and efficient manner tailored
to give the client the benefit of exceptional advice and maximum added value.
We are able to offer a dynamic and varied workload and excellent prospects for progression.
- Salary review annually in October
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm
- Group personal pension scheme: under the requirements of pension auto-enrolment you will be automatically enrolled into the Group Personal Pension scheme (4% employer contribution, 4% employee contribution).
- Group life cover of three times salary, which you may increase to four times salary under the Reward Centre flexible benefits programme.
- 23 days annual leave (pro-rated). In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days holiday a year, subject to partner approval.
- Interest free season ticket loan on completion of probationary period
- 6 month probationary period
- Access to a number of other benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefits programme, which include; health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, cycle to work scheme, and spouse life assurance.