Our Private Wealth & Estates Group is recruiting for a Qualified Senior to join their audit and accounts team in London.
You will become a key part of the team, which provides a wide range of audit, advisory and accounting services to a large and diverse client base.
Our Audit Seniors:
- Project manage the audit and accounting process, including liaising directly with senior individuals in clients’ finance teams.
- Deliver audits and statutory accounts for UK and international groups in accordance with FRS102 and FRS 105.
- Get actively involved in every aspect of the audit process, taking ownership of planning, fieldwork, and the completion on audit engagements, working closely with managers and partners.
- Have the opportunity to get involved in the direction and overall running of the team.
- There may also be opportunities to work on ad hoc projects e.g., department or firm wide working groups and client advisory work.
Our Audit Seniors are often given the opportunity to manage a small portfolio of jobs, which helps you to develop the next stage of your career progression. With exciting growth plans in the team, we have a successful framework in place where you will be supported and encouraged throughout your time with us, to allow ample opportunity for further development.
The Private Wealth and Estates Group advise businesses ranging from large corporations to small family companies, the majority of which are owned by wealthy individuals. A proportion of the group’s work relates to large landed estates and their associated operating structures, including trusts and general partnerships. We also work closely with entrepreneurs and their fast-growing businesses, providing compliance and advisory services for both.
- Experience working in an audit and accounts practice.
- ACA, ACCA qualified or equivalent with good pass rates in the professional exams.
- Ability to identify, research and help to resolve complex audit issues.
- Demonstrated experience of managing, training, and mentoring staff on projects, and assessing performance.
- Technically strong with a good and up to date knowledge of accounting and auditing standards.
- Demonstrate a passion for delivering quality, ensuring that client needs are met.
- Sets priorities, defines activities, gives responsibilities and plans work so that results are achieved on time.
- Be organised and commercially minded. Displaying a flexible, professional approach and have the confidence to establish credibility with Partners and clients.
- Work cooperatively with others, motivating others to succeed.
Reward & Benefits
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Agile working policy giving you the option to work from home for up to 3 days per week.
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu.
- 25 days annual leave. After 5 years’ service, the entitlement will be increased by 1 day.
- In addition, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday a year
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 5% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Life assurance cover of 4 x annual salary,
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000. Paid in December.
- New client referral scheme. Members of staff introducing a new client to the firm, have the potential to receive a referral payment of up to 10% of the first year’s total fees.
- Staff have access to health assessments, cancer screenings and health cash plans through the flexible benefits programme.
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA.
- Paid travel expenses when working at offices other than your contracted office.
- Saffery is committed to being a fully inclusive employer and have a huge focus on ED&I. Upon joining the firm, you will have the opportunity to join a number of people network groups as well as be a part of the growing ED&I network.