Our Employment Tax team is continuing to grow, and the team are looking to add another ambitious and driven Tax Senior. This individual will work closely with the senior leaders to deliver quality tax advice and assist with the completion of employment tax compliance.
- Liaison with clients to collect data needed for the completion of forms P11D and preparation of forms P11D and P11D(b)
- Correspondence with HMRC in relation to PAYE Settlement Agreements, including preparing calculations of the tax and NI due on benefits included in PSAs
- Preparation of employment related security annual returns and in year reporting
- Dealing with queries from clients in relation to the payroll and the tax position of the employees
- Routine correspondence with HMRC covering matters such as penalty appeals
- Drafting employment tax advice.
- Preparation Short term business travellers reporting
- Compliance with the new IR35 legislation effective from 6 April 2021
- Dealing with ad hoc employment tax compliance projects as and when required.
- Employment tax experience (2+ years)
- ATT qualified
- Experience in dealing with HMRC
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in MS Excel to manipulate and analyse large amounts of data
- Experience of payroll
- Organised and motivated
- A driven person who will take ownership of tasks and drive to completion
- Strong team player
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Agile working policy giving you the option to work from home for up to 3 days per week.
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu.
- 23 days annual Note this is increasing to 25 days from January 2023. After 5 years’ service, the entitlement will be increased by 1 day
- In addition, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday a year
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 5% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Life assurance cover of 4 x annual salary,
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000. Paid in December.
- Employee referral scheme. Assistant Manager level and below, including support staff, will attract a referral reward of £5,000, Manager level or above, will attract a referral reward of £10,000.
- New client referral scheme. Members of staff introducing a new client to the firm, have the potential to receive a referral payment of up to 10% of the first year’s total fees.
- Staff have access to health assessments, cancer screenings and health cash plans through the flexible benefits programme.
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA.
- Paid travel expenses when working at offices other than your contracted office.
- Saffery Champness is committed to being a fully inclusive employer and have a huge focus on ED&I. Upon joining the firm, you will have the opportunity to join a number of people network groups as well as be a part of the growing ED&I network.