Our Inverness office is seeking an ambitious individual to join our team and provide accounting services to a wide range of clients.
To become part of the team providing a range of accounting and advisory services to our clients. We are offering varied and interesting work involving client contact with the people who make the decisions. A Senior Manager – Accounts in the Inverness office will have responsibility for managing a portfolio of clients that operate in a range of sectors, reporting directly to the Partners. The position would involve accounts preparation work, as well as one-off assignments and special work, as required.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing the accounts preparation process
- Managing and monitoring progress of work and budgets
- Ensuring all work is delivered on time and to a high standard
- Supervising and coaching qualified staff and trainees
- Liaison with tax team
- Opportunities to work on special assignments and projects
We provide regular technical training and soft skills development to help support your growth and progression.
The applicant will have relevant post qualification experience at senior manager level in general practice, principally in accounts. A breadth of experience across client type and size would be desirable but not essential.
As a client facing member of the team, experience of managing a client portfolio direct to Partner and dealing directly with client staff is essential.
The ideal candidate should be hard working, show initiative and be self-motivated, with the ability to organise and manage their own workload. They will be a natural team player with a positive and enthusiastic attitude and an excellent eye for detail.
Education and Experience
Applicants will be either ICAS/ACCA/ACA or equivalent qualified. Professional training experience should have been broad based with exposure to a good range of clients both in size and sector in general practice. Ability to use Excel and Word is essential. Knowledge of Xero, Sage, Quickbooks as well as CCH Accounts Production is advantageous, but not essential as full training will be given.
- Competitive Salary – Market Rate
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Car allowance of £5,000
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000. Paid in December.
- Eligibility for the discretionary bonus scheme. This is based on both individual performance and firm performance.
- Twenty-five days annual leave. This increases in line with length of service. On 1 January, after 5 years’ service, the entitlement will be increased by 7 hours (as long as you have been a manager for 5 years).
- In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days (35 hours) holiday a year, subject to staff partner approval.
- Six-month probationary period.
- Life assurance cover of four times salary,
- Private Medical – entitled to join on successful completion of probationary period
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 5% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA.