The role will involve managing a varied portfolio of clients on a day to day basis, looking after those clients’ needs, planning audits, supervising staff and reporting directly to the various Partners. The position may also involve a number of one-off assignments and special work.
Our Manchester office is looking for an experienced Senior Manager to work directly with Partners within our Manchester office. Our Manchester audit team provides a wide range of audit, advisory, accounting and tax services to our clients and to provide support to the partners and managers. The mix of work in the team is varied and consists of a few hundred clients including limited companies, partnerships, high net worth individuals and trusts.
The role of Senior Manager would involve managing a varied portfolio of clients on a day to day basis, looking after those clients’ needs, planning audits, supervising staff and reporting directly to the various Partners. The position may also involve a number of one-off assignments and special work.
We are able to offer a dynamic workload and a broad experience. Opportunities for progression to Director/Partner level are there for the right candidate.
The applicant will have relevant post qualification experience at senior manager/manager level in general practice, principally in audit. A breadth of experience across client type and size would be desirable but not essential.
As a client facing member of the team, experience of managing a client portfolio direct to Partner and dealing directly with client staff is essential.
The applicant should also be able to demonstrate the following skills and behaviours.
- Demonstrates a passion for delivering quality and ensures that client needs are met, benefiting both the client and the firm;
- Defines performance measures and continuously looks to assess, improve and achieve objectives;
- Sets priorities, defines activities, gives responsibilities and plans work so that results are achieved on time;
- Seeks self-development and provides support that enables others to develop within the firm;
- Works cooperatively with others, positively influences them and ensures team participation to support the firm’s goals;
- Thinks widely and laterally to identify and consider different options before determining the best solution;
- Listens to, understands and communicates confidently with others in a clear, concise, polite and purposeful way;
- Motivates self and others to succeed for the benefit of the firm.
In addition to the above the individual should possess the confidence and professionalism to establish credibility at all levels, be commercially minded and have a clear perception of client requirements and to ensure that service delivery is of the highest standard.
They must have excellent interpersonal and organisational skills and should display a flexible, professional approach. Candidates should be self-motivated, display a positive approach to work and have the ability to get things done. Technical skills are important, but this position also requires a team orientated and flexible personality.
The role will require an extremely high level of ability and commitment, with the flexibility to work in line with our clients’ needs. The individual should be able to demonstrate marketing skills and be involved with networking.
Education and Experience
Candidates should be ACA/ACCA qualified or equivalent, with a good exam record. The successful candidate will possess a wide range of audit experience. The candidate will need to have experience in managing a portfolio of small to large clients as well as having the required understanding of FRS102 and IFRS. The firm will provide training and support to help develop the successful candidate’s specialist knowledge and capabilities.
Key systems used are MS Teams, Excel, Word, CCH Audit Automation and CCH Accounts Production.
The Manchester office has experienced significant growth in recent years and as a result of that growth, recently relocated to a new, purpose designed office on John Dalton Street. The team is comprised of a variety of departments and specialists who provide a wide range of services both locally and nationally.
The Manchester office has 4 partners and over 65 staff, and continues to grow.
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000. Paid in December.
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Eligibility for the discretionary bonus scheme. This is based on both individual performance and firm performance and has the potential to be up to 25% of annual salary.
- Senior Manager Car allowance of £5,000
- Salary reviews annually in October.
Twenty-five days annual leave. This increases in line with length of service. On 1 January, after 5 years’ service, the entitlement will be increased by 7 hours (as long as you have been a manager for 5 years).
- In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days (35 hours) holiday a year, subject to staff partner approval.
- Six-month probationary period.
- Life assurance cover of four times salary,
- Private Medical – entitled to join on successful completion of probationary period
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 5% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA).
Saffery Champness is the UK’s 15th largest accountancy practices with a network of nine offices in the UK plus offices in Dubai, Dublin, Guernsey, Geneva, Ireland and Zurich. The firm is independent, but maintains a network of affiliate firms in over 100 countries across the globe via membership of Nexia International. The firm has participated in numerous inbound and outbound secondments with Nexia firms around the globe.
With 84 partners and over 900 staff, we are recognised as one of the UK’s leading firms of private client advisers, specialising in providing advice to a broad range of individuals, their families, businesses and wider interests. The sectors in which we operate include: private wealth; owner-managed businesses; landed estates and rural businesses; sports and entertainment;
not-for-profit organisations; corporate finance and professional firms and consulting businesses.
Our style is personal and we value our strong client relationships and genuinely partner-led service. Staff and partners alike demonstrate our shared values of Excellence and Integrity in all that we do and being Enthusiastic and Collegiate in the way that we do it. Providing excellent training and development opportunities for staff is an important part of what we do, as our long-standing Investors in People accreditation demonstrates. We are very proud to have been awarded Investors in People silver accreditation and named as one of ‘Britain’s Top Employers’ for every consecutive year since 2004.