We are looking for an experienced manager to join our growing and dynamic Inverness team to manage the corporation tax affairs of a varied client portfolio.
The mix of work will be varied as the client base of the corporate tax team is across a diverse range of business sectors within the local market.
Whilst the annual corporate tax compliance is the key focus of the role, tax planning will arise as a matter of course across this diverse portfolio of clients. This will include areas such as group tax planning, property planning, capital allowances, R&D tax credits and s455 tax planning. Tax accounting will also be an essential part of the role.
The successful applicant will also work closely with the Partners on stand-alone tax advisory projects, including structuring acquisitions and disposals, transaction support and due diligence.
The role would also include the supervision/review of work undertaken by the tax team including some staff responsibilities and work planning. The individual report directly to the head of the corporate tax team and/or client partner.
Ongoing training will be provided, with the opportunity for the individual to attend both internal and external training sessions.
The role provides a good range of work for some with a solid corporate tax compliance background. Experience of dealing with large groups, partnerships, non-resident landlords and non-resident capital gains tax would be beneficial.
The tax team currently consists of 3 Senior Managers, 4 Managers, 2 Assistant Managers, 1 Senior, 2 Semi-Seniors & 7 Trainees, split across Corporate and Personal Tax.
The ideal candidate will be pro-active, resilient and driven. They require recent practical experience in running a corporate tax compliance portfolio, will need relevant strong managerial skills and have a detailed up to date working knowledge of corporate taxation issues (especially those relating to owner-managed businesses).
Experience of organising the delivery of tax work, problems solving and the ability to use their own initiative is essential. In addition, they should possess the confidence and professionalism to establish credibility at all levels, be commercially minded and have a clear perception of client requirements.
Applicants should be CTA and/or CA/ACCA qualified and have experience in a Senior Management level position.
- Ability to work in a flexible way in respect of works required outside of normal working hours.
- Ability to cover out of hours.
- Ability to travel to the Firms’ offices when required.
- 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000 for the full year. Paid in December.
- Eligibility for the discretionary bonus scheme. This is based on both individual performance and firm performance.
- Salary reviews annually in October.
- Twenty-five days annual leave. This increases in line with length of service. On 1 January, after 5 years’ service, the entitlement will be increased by 7 hours (as long as you have been a manager for 5 years).
- In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days (35 hours) holiday a year, subject to staff partner approval.
- Six-month probationary period.
- Life assurance cover of four times salary,
- Private Medical – entitled to join on successful completion of probationary period
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 4% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA.