Our Inverness office is recruiting for an experienced Senior Tax Manager to work directly with the existing Senior Managers and Partners. Our mixed tax team primarily focuses on our personal tax clients however knowledge of corporate tax would also be beneficial. The team looks after a growing portfolio consisting of companies, partnerships, LLPs, trusts and non-resident landlords.
For this role we are open to discussing the possibility of reduced hours, flexible start and finish times, remote working with regular contact in the office. Please ask us about flexibility, and we will explore what is possible for the role.
Our team in Inverness advise clients involved in many areas of the Highland economy and in many instances, we provide a tailor-made service for all aspects of their connected affairs – whether personal, family and business.
Our services range from assisting with the financial and tax compliance requirements by setting-up efficient tax planning structures and processes, through to providing highly specialist financial advice in conjunction with other professionals.
Key characteristics and skills required:
- An outgoing, positive and enthusiastic attitude
- An extremely high level of motivation, ability and commitment
- Will have previous relevant experience of working at manager level as they will be managing their own portfolio whilst also being responsible for reviewing the work of the junior tax staff
- Will have tax compliance experience
- Will be comfortable with the provision of tailored advice, to encompass detailed family taxation reviews, inheritance tax planning, company planning considerations, and trust planning. The exact mix of advisory will be tailored to the strengths of the individual, but a broad base is required to permit work in most if not all of the above areas.
- Will be from a professional services background
- Will be a confident communicator to colleagues, partners and clients
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills are essential to ensure all deadlines are met
- Comfortable working on their own initiative as well as being a good team player
- High attention to detail and the ability to work in a timely manner
- Excellent IT skills
Education and Experience
The ideal candidate must have a broad base of strong technical skills and experience. This is a role where you will be required to provide prompt technical support to the client partners on a varied and technically challenging client base.
Candidates will already be at managerial level in their current role. They should be CTA and/or ACA/ACCA qualified with a minimum of three years PQE gained in a tax environment. In addition, the candidate must have confidence in dealing with partners, work colleagues and clients, have excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work under pressure in a friendly environment.
Ongoing training and career development will be offered to suitable candidates.
- We offer a dynamic and varied workload.
- Agile working and flexibility.
- Potential to progress within the organisation.
- Market rate annual salary, depending upon experience.
- Group Personal Pension Scheme: under the requirements of pension auto-enrolment you will be automatically enrolled into the Group Personal Pension scheme (4% employer contribution, 4% employee contribution) from your date of joining.
- Life assurance cover of three times salary, which you may increase to four times salary under the SeleCt flexible benefits programme.
- Twenty-five days annual leave. In addition, under the SeleCt flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days holiday a year, subject to partner approval.
- Eligibility for assistant manager or manager’s bonus scheme.
- Eligibility for the firm’s private medical insurance scheme upon completion of probationary period.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm.
- Interest free season ticket loan on completion of probationary period.
- Salary review annually in October.
- Six-month probationary period.
- Access to many other benefits with preferential rates under the SeleCt flexible benefits programme, which include; health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, Denplan, Computing Scheme.