Tax Senior (Corporate Tax)
We are looking for an experienced Tax Senior to join our growing and dynamic Inverness team to manage the corporation tax affairs of a varied client portfolio.
The candidate will be committed to a career in tax and ideally would have already have gained at least three years’ experience in a corporate tax role. A general understanding of accounts is desirable.
Duties will mainly include working with more senior members of the team on the corporation tax compliance aspects of the portfolio, including preparation of corporation tax returns and computations, advising on payment dates and dealing with all other administrative matters. There will also be the opportunity to assist in tax advisory projects.
Watch our video about careers in tax at Saffery Champness
The corporation tax team consists of a Director, Senior Manager, two Seniors, and four Trainees.
Candidates are likely to be at least ATT qualified and ideally CTA qualified, however there would be an opportunity to study for the CTA qualification. The candidate should be hard working, show initiative and be self-motivated, with the ability to organise their own workload. They will display a flexible, professional approach and have the confidence and ability to communicate effectively with partners and clients. They will also be a natural team player with a positive and enthusiastic attitude and an excellent eye for detail.
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu (pre-approved and only where required).
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000. Paid in December.
- Salary reviews annually in October.
- Twenty-three days annual leave with an additional day added after each years’ service.
- In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days (35 hours) holiday a year, subject to staff partner approval.
- Six-month probationary period.
- Life assurance cover of four times salary,
- Private Medical– Staff have access to a private medical scheme through the flexible benefits programme.
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 4% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA.