Technical Audit Manager – Technical Division – London
Due to the increased demand for our Audit work amongst new and existing clients, we required the help of an experienced Technical Audit Manager for our team in London.
The Technical Department is responsible for audit and accounts technical advisory, technical communication, development of firm’s policies on technical matters, the firm’s response to new auditing and financial reporting standards, supporting National Audit initiatives such as data analytics, certain technical training delivery, supporting audit quality monitoring and maintaining the firm’s technical resources, including library facilities.
Overall, we are able to offer a varied and challenging workload and the potential for progression for the right candidate. We require someone who will be able to make an instant contribution with respect to the technical basics who, with support, can begin to take ownership of their own technical areas as their skills are proven.
The successful applicant will be expected to undertake the following activities within the Manager – Technical role:
- Responding to technical audit and accounts queries from client teams on the internal technical helpdesk
- Performing technical reviews of IFRS financial statements
- Maintenance and review of technical intranet
- Support for technical projects such as implementation of new auditing and financial reporting standards
- Supporting improvements in audit quality and other firmwide initiatives such as data analytics
- Training activities such as delivering internal ‘bitesize’ training videos, preparation of training materials to support director/RI training sessions, other ad hoc
Knowledge base – essential
- Knowledge of and experience of UK GAAP and IFRS
- Auditing standards and other related guidance
- Companies Act 2006
- Narrative reporting requirements
Knowledge base – desirable
- The FRC Ethical Standard
- Audit and accounts preparation software (CCH AA and AP)
Skill base – essential
- Interacting confidently with senior personnel including Partners across the whole firm
- Technical writing skills – articles for firm’s own publications, technical briefings and email communications
- Excellent IT skills in particular Excel, Word and Powerpoint
Skill base – desirable
- Training and presenting skills – ad hoc training on audit and financial reporting matters
- Project management skills
You will be joining a small team based from our London Head Office. Although the team is small, you will be supported above and below in the hierarchy and join colleagues with years of experience to help guide in your career with us
Our London office is located on Queen Victoria Street, with an easily walkable distance from Blackfriars, Mansion House, Monument tube stations. Our London office holds approximately 400 staff.
The successful applicant will be a confident, enthusiastic self-starter with the experience and desire to play an important role in a technical department that fully meets the needs of a mid-tier firm. They will have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks at once and prioritise their workload. They should have an interest in researching technical matters and seeking to resolve problems.
The position will require an extremely high level of ability and commitment and therefore candidates should be self-motivated, display a positive approach to work and have the drive and ability to get things done. In addition, they should possess the confidence and professionalism to establish credibility at all levels, be commercially minded and have a clear perception of the firm’s technical requirements and also of client requirements.
Applicants should ideally be ACA/ACCA qualified with a good exam record and relevant experience.
The successful applicant will also be required to present training material to Partners and staff and therefore experience in giving presentations is desirable.
Candidates are expected to have excellent IT skills.
Reward & Benefits
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Agile working policy giving you the option to work from home for up to 3 days per week.
- 25 days annual leave. After 5 years’ service, the entitlement will be increased by 1 day.
- In addition, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday a year
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 5% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Life assurance cover of 4 x annual salary,
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Company car as per Managers’ Car Scheme. May opt for a company car to the value to £15,100 by sacrificing £3,611 per annum of salary. (Pro-rata for lower vehicle cost).
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000. Paid in December.
- New client referral scheme. Members of staff introducing a new client to the firm, have the potential to receive a referral payment of up to 10% of the first year’s total fees.
- for the discretionary bonus scheme. This is based on both individual performance and firm performance.
- Private Medical – entitled to join on successful completion of probationary period
- Staff have access to health assessments, cancer screenings and health cash plans through the flexible benefits programme.
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA.
- Paid travel expenses when working at offices other than your contracted office.
- Saffery Champness is committed to being a fully inclusive employer and have a huge focus on ED&I. Upon joining the firm, you will have the opportunity to join a number of people network groups as well as be a part of the growing ED&I network.